gotta love virgin....in regards to the middle seat dilema i had | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

gotta love virgin....in regards to the middle seat dilema i had

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
at this present time im unable to see or choose any seating on that delta flight from jfk to la, have been told no seating allocated till we get to the airport
Are you on a codeshare? (That is, a VA flight number, but operated by Delta)

I would call Delta armed with your passenger information and flight details and ask for their PNR.

Delta can be contacted using the Delta Air Lines Reservations for assistance at 1800 458 368.

jpp42

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I would call Delta armed with your passenger information and flight details and ask for their PNR.

Delta can be contacted using the Delta Air Lines Reservations for assistance at 1800 458 368.
Although Delta may be able to look up the PNR based on other information, the normal path to success here is to call VA, give your VA details, and ask for the DL PNR for the codeshare flight. Then, you can use the Delta PNR to select seats directly on their web site... just bypass VA entirely once you have the Delta PNR.

traceyy

Intern
Although Delta may be able to look up the PNR based on other information, the normal path to success here is to call VA, give your VA details, and ask for the DL PNR for the codeshare flight. Then, you can use the Delta PNR to select seats directly on their web site... just bypass VA entirely once you have the Delta PNR.
thanks have downloaded the delta app and was able to get details through there so have now selected seats sucks you cant upgrade from main cabin though, i have called both delta and va about this and its a big fat no from both unless i somehow get lucky at the airport and even then if i did would probably be for me only as im only one with status through VA

Denali

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I could be wrong because Im not up to date but I thought VA status flyers could select seats/upgrade ##hrs before check in if available seats.

Hopefully someone here can update because I remember reading about it before.

traceyy

Intern
I could be wrong because Im not up to date but I thought VA status flyers could select seats/upgrade ##hrs before check in if available seats.

Hopefully someone here can update because I remember reading about it before.
i hope so ive booked j or first class every flight on the trip (theres a few independant delta flights around the us also), this one is a bit of a bummer as it is a 6 hour flight and not one i really want to be a sardine on, fingers crossed, however...as it is xmas eve i would be super surprised if it isn't totally full as people will be flying to see loved ones for xmas day i suspect

freebo

after flying J to LA last time (which was my first for long haul) i had to fly Y on china eastern to shanghai, definitely realise pretty quick how good it is up front.
Sady you are now spoiled for life.

jpp42

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
i hope so ive booked j or first class every flight on the trip (theres a few independant delta flights around the us also), this one is a bit of a bummer as it is a 6 hour flight and not one i really want to be a sardine on, fingers crossed, however...as it is xmas eve i would be super surprised if it isn't totally full as people will be flying to see loved ones for xmas day i suspect
Well, that could mean more leisure travellers, fewer business with higher status, might mean your VA status ends up higher in the pecking order. Crossing fingers for you :)

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaeess