Good-Bye Citi Select hello Signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmere12

Just off the phone to Citibank, they tell me they have just been informed that Citi Select will be no longer available to apply for. The Signature is taking it's place with the same benefits for $395 annual. For every $1 earn 1.5 citi rewards.

For all existing Platinum we will be changing to the new Platinum benefits but still will have to activate the new card. These changes commence 1st Sept with new card activated or not the lady tells me. We will be now be earning $1 earn 1.25 citi rewards/QFF

Just off the phone to Citibank, they tell me they have just been informed that Citi Select will be no longer available to apply for. The Signature is taking it's place with the same benefits for $395 annual. For every $1 earn 1.5 citi rewards.

For all existing Platinum we will be changing to the new Platinum benefits but still will have to activate the new card. These changes commence 1st Sept with new card activated or not the lady tells me. We will be now be earning $1 earn 1.25 citi rewards/QFF

I would rather keep the extra .5 points for $250 extra. Guess not many people took up the Select card and they are trying a new price point.

Wonder what they will do with the existing cardholders? It's not exactly the same benefits.

They are only replacing cards as they expire - so there will only be a new card to activate whenever the current card needs to be replaced.

The Citibank rep said I would be sent new card soon, mine isn't expiring soon. :confused::confused:

The news of the Select had just been downloaded to them and she was actually having to read it whilst I was on the phone.

I then said well a friend applied online last week for the select and it went through, she said it will automatically go to a Signature as that will be their premium card now.

She also said, good news your new platinum will now go from capping of 250k to 300k !! I laughed and I said no I don't think so maybe you should check that.

My interpretation of the new terms and conditions is that if you select Qantas Rewards... you will only get 1QFF points per $1.

If you chose Citi Rewards, you get 1.25 Citi Points per $1.

(As per http://www.citibank.com.au/global_docs/pdf/MCG13320.pdf)

Looks like CitiBusiness is still the best earner for Qantas Points!?

That was also my interpretation particularly after reading this on the FAQ page for the new cards:

Q: I am currently enrolled in the Citibank Qantas Rewards program - will this be impacted?

A: No, there will be no changes to the earn rate on the Citibank Qantas Rewards program. You will continue to earn 1 point per $1 dollar spent and your enrolment will be transferred automatically.

see:

Citibank Rewards Credit Cards

Accordingly I'm also of the view that the Citibusiness Gold at $1 = 1.25QFF is still the best option for earning QFF points on a Visa/MC, especially since the cap will rise to $250,000 spend from 1 September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back