Global Qantas Double Status Credits Offer (Book 20-26 Feb 2020; Fly: 28 Feb 2020-14 Feb 2021)

DC3

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Is there an upside to booking on the last day? 🤔

Vic

Established Member
Solutions
Just got 2 of 3 flights booked... YAY!!!!

/sarcasm

HappyFlyerFamily

Established Member
Solutions
Managed to get PNR generated by payment failed... anyone with an experience if payment completing after the promo end but still getting the DSC's as the PNR was generated beforehand?
Another thing that may happen is you get an email from Qantas Customer Services (about an hour or so later) notifying you of a temporary booking reference that needs to be completed by 11:59pm. It gives you a link, phone number (1300 659 117) to complete payment.

Vic

Established Member
Solutions
Is there an upside to booking on the last day? 🤔

Well this is a great question. I only delayed because I have about $5000 of business class flights to book and I was considering options with Virgin...
I think I'm giving qantas about $2000... Assuming I can get the last flight to book.

Aeolus

Established Member
Finally managed to get 4 x VC for a friend in 2 hours. Try searching by not logging on before you search for flights etc. I tested that and it went all the way to payment.

Vic

Established Member
Solutions
finally got the last one booked...

Seems to be working pretty ok...now

AMEX is showing pending charges so that's positive.

bonus status 170 for me...

TheInsider

Established Member
Solutions
Make sure you fill out the website feedback at the bottom of the website. Only takes a few minutes.

AIRwin

Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
I encountered similar issues but seemed to get it to work by refreshing the page each time there was an error...

Mistress

Intern
I was able to book the last of my bookings now. went through no issue, but earlier tonight the web server was a little stressed out.

AusTraveller

I encountered similar issues but seemed to get it to work by refreshing the page each time there was an error...

this was successful for me too! Just kept
Refreshing. I also found the mobile browser seemed to want to play nicer

Vic

Established Member
Solutions
Well Qantas must've done ok. My booking references today went from "NG...." to "PF...."

Still cannot select seats on the booking that I did express check out on. But that can wait...

TheInsider

Established Member
Solutions
Call center is currently down too!
Just drops out when they state the wait time! 😂😂

Benn49

Managed to get PNR generated by payment failed... anyone with an experience if payment completing after the promo end but still getting the DSC's as the PNR was generated beforehand?
same thing happened to me. as per one of the other threads managed to fix it by logging out of my FF account, clearing cookies and cache on the computer and bringing up the booking through the MMB using the PRN and last name. Once in there was an option to complete payment and it went straight through

JohnK

Veteran Member
I managed to purchase 7 gift vouchers with multiple crashes in between.

I also needed to book 2 returns but gave up trying as it kept crashing with generic error and Start Over did nothing.

We've Increased Our Flying to 30 Destinations Across Australia. Book With Us Today. Change Your Flight, Fee-Free and As Often As You Like for Travel up to 30 Apr 22*. Contactless Check-in. Special Safety Protocols. New Cleaning Practices. Online Check-in.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

samh004

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Just saw there were errors... but this might be the first time since I became a member in 2009 (of both QFF and the site) that I have sat out a DSC. I have nothing to gain – not even a loyalty bonus – by booking extra flights now. LTG in the bag next month, WP re-qualification just 3 months into my year and no real reason to aim for P1 as I've been there before and know it holds nothing. Other than what a voucher would do for me, I can't even book for my subsequent membership year as I still have a number of days for my current one to end. It feels so crazy not spending money.

flyingfan

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
omg eventually got past the constant website errors to make my bookings with 11 minutes to spare.
Ended up with a double booking due to said errors - tried calling up to cancel one and ended up giving up after 50 minutes on hold.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..