Getting SPG points without stays | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Getting SPG points without stays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiki

I need a back up in Papeete. For some unknown reason, the IC PPT is fully booked one of the days I need it-7 July. BTW, that is the ONLY day in July it is fully booked in every category, not just the reward category. Every other day is wide open.

So I have identified the Sheraton as a suitable back up. However, I am not yet in SPG and have no way of accruing points in their program except for the Amex Rewards program. The problem is that I called SPG in Sydney and they said I can't transfer points unless I have some activity on the account. I live in Brisbane, there is no Starwood property here.

Other than the RTW trip in July 2007, our only travel plans are a P&O cruise in Dec. It goes to Vanuatu & New Caledonia where there are Meridien properties. I understand you can get points for meals at Starwoods even if you don't stay there. Has anyone tried this? I also know about the 1-800-flowers and I do have people in the States I can send them to but on FT people are complaining they don't get their flower points.

So if anyone has any idea to get "activity" on a SPG account (yet to be opened) I would appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleaster