Getting Credit for Status nights/points for stays at multiple hotels on the same date

Still going to press my case, but that's very helpful thank you. It also seems to confirm the "first check out" idea (which likely gives me an argument for having the more lucrative stay credited if necessary).
I realised the error in my post from last night and it’s actually the first stay to post on their system that you get the points for.
Some stats I’ve had lost within hours of checking out but some take well over a week so even if you check out of one property and the other a week later the later stay may post first and therefore the other stay is “blocked”. The wonderful world of Accor IT
 
There are some legitimate circumstances where some people might make multiple hotel bookings for themself on the same night. E.g. you're taking a short redeye flight during the night, and you want to use the hotel at your origin until midnight and be able to check in at your destination when you arrive at 5am, so you book both hotels for that night and are a genuine guest at both.

However, most hotel loyalty programs flag this as fraud and/or irregular activity and won't award points/night credits for either stay. This was covered on LoyaltyLobby a while back:


If I ever need to book two hotels in my name on the same night (which I did actually have to do once last year due to a flight disruption) I do it at different hotel chains to avoid issues.
 
Well, I can provide an update now after some further discussion with the Guest Service Executive Department.

As suspected, it’s no dice when it comes to obtaining credits for both stays. To be fair to Accor, they’re making it clear that their “…system is designed to prevent multiple stay credits for the same time frame and that [it’s a] standard practice across their loyalty program to ensure fair and consistent treatment for all members.”

I requested clarification around how they determine which stay is to be credited when overlapping stays are detected. The response was -:

“Our system automatically credits stays based on the first hotel that successfully posts a valid stay into the Accor ALL loyalty program system. When multiple stays occur simultaneously, the system will accept the first validated stay and automatically reject subsequent overlapping stay credits.”

In my specific example, the stay that was not credited would have earnt me more points than the stay that posted. I asked whether they could manually override this and credit the more lucrative stay, which they’ve agreed to do. Ultimately not the outcome I was hoping for (as suspected and posited to be the likely case by others in this thread), but certainly a better outcome than had I not enquired at all.

FWIW, my query was clearly escalated to a more senior team and they have been most informative and helpful in explaining the specifics and clarifying the whole situation.
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Resurrecting an old thread.
Something interesting happened to me early this month. I had 2 nights at Sofitel Akl (out 4th) followed by 2 nights at So/ Akl (in 4th) with no obvious overlap. Sofitel reception was busy so I dropped my keycard in the box for a fast checkout. I then strolled across to So/ stopping for some lunch on the way. I checked in 1:40pm but Sofitel hadn't checked me out yet at that stage.
Neither hotels posted with the reasoning being stay does not qualify.
I rang Sofitel asking to speak to the duty manager (because they have access to post points & nights) to ask why my stay had gone from qualifying to not. She investigated and said the system have me overlapping Sofitel with So/ but she can see it's a system error. She changed the date of my stay and posted the points and told me they had checked me out at 1:50pm, 10mins after SO/ had checked me in. She also advised me that So/ is also showing 0 for my stay. Frankly I was surprised they can see my stay history and forward bookings at not just their hotel.
For 10mins, Accor system had me at 2 hotels. The part I don't understand is why neither hotel posted in the first place. I thought the system would recognise the first and reject the second per the information upthread.
I then rang SO/ with the same query. They confirmed there was no overlap and tried to post my stay 4 more times. I saw this on my a/c and rang them back, spoke to the operations manager, he advised they tried and have raised it with Accor for assistance. I told him Sofitel just changed the date, he did the same and wallah my stay was credited..
They weren't aware they could change the date. That duty manager at Sofitel did.
When changing Accor hotels in the same city, checkout in person (do not use fast checkout key drop) before heading out.
Secondly, if this overlapping situation occurs inadvertently, ask the hotel if they would be willing to alter the date of the stay to post. They can if they are willing but probably are not aware. Problem solved without weeks of wait and correspondence with Accor.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top