Get 15,000 Bonus Points for your everyday purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeWillyWonka

Received this on my Qantas Ultimate. Anyone else receive it or something similar?

Here’s how to take full advantage of this offer​
SPEND
RECEIVE
Make 10 transactions
of at least $50 in February 2020​
5,000 Bonus Points
Make 10 transactions
of at least $50 in March 2020​
5,000 Bonus Points
Make 10 transactions
of at least $50 in April 2020​
5,000 Bonus Points

Yeah got that today and came here just now to see if there was any discussion about it. I'm assuming I can just buy 10x$50 aldi vouchers each of the three months to get the 5000 points each month?

Yeah got that today and came here just now to see if there was any discussion about it. I'm assuming I can just buy 10x$50 aldi vouchers each of the three months to get the 5000 points each month?
or any supermarket/department store voucher, really.

Do you guys reckon it’s targeted or worth a shot even if one didn’t get the email?

Do you guys reckon it’s targeted or worth a shot even if one didn’t get the email?
email says my name at top and the T&Cs include "offer is unique to this card and is not valid for any other cards you may hold" and also mentions spend on supplementary cards won't count, but still looks like a bulk email to me. Maybe see if a similar email shows up for you over next couple of days?
Post automatically merged:

there's no link to register at or anything like that

Ughhhh.... No email for me!!!

Edit: Plat Charge and Reserve

Got it on Discovery Card. I was going to close the card then the email nearly changed my mind until I read through the T&Cs: "Online transactions must be from a merchant’s own website and not via an aggregator, such as PayPal" A lot of my purchases that I was going to make on this card are made via Paypal.

Actually..... thinking about it, perhaps I could just micro pay an Optus Bill, 10 payments a month over 3 months. Yep sounds good 👍

No offer for me. Just a reminder email that I get points (less than last year) for spending my money...... Also, I've been a member since "TOWN" and the email is addressed to "Hello 3499.........."

Not only did I not get a bonus offer, they couldn't even personalise the email correctly. Two more months to find a replacement for Amex.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 10.27.41 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 10.27.41 pm.png
    856.5 KB · Views: 16
Got it on my Reserve card which is at the bottom of a drawer somewhere might activate it. Wish it was my Charge card but I get that one already gets a good workout they don't need to entice me to use it :p

No offer for me. Just a reminder email that I get points (less than last year) for spending my money...... Also, I've been a member since "TOWN" and the email is addressed to "Hello 3499.........."

Not only did I not get a bonus offer, they couldn't even personalise the email correctly. Two more months to find a replacement for Amex.

I got a similar email - have sent it onto the spam inbox [email protected] - the last 5 digits in the top right hand side of my email didn't match any of my card numbers and I also had a number in the "3449 ..." number range listed in the subject. Looks suspicious to me but a good fake as they also got my name right and the email "sender" looks legit - usually that's an instant tell as it's not an amex email address. Phishers must be getting better at their craft.

Received it on reserve card. Not sure whether it's coincidental with my cards renewal due end of the month. I'll be ditching charge and reserve anyways despite the offer. Hopefully there's a points transfer bonus before the end of the month.

Looks suspicious to me but a good fake as they also got my name right and the email "sender" looks legit - usually that's an instant tell as it's not an amex email address. Phishers must be getting better at their craft.

It is legit. There is a link for the web view version of the e-mail, and the domain name is americanexpress.com where you can see the actual e-mail.

I got a similar email - have sent it onto the spam inbox [email protected] - the last 5 digits in the top right hand side of my email didn't match any of my card numbers and I also had a number in the "3449 ..." number range listed in the subject. Looks suspicious to me but a good fake as they also got my name right and the email "sender" looks legit - usually that's an instant tell as it's not an amex email address. Phishers must be getting better at their craft.

The last 5 do match my reserve, which I never use, so I'm guessing legit, they just want me to use the card more, but not reward me to do so. But I don't mind sending to their spam dept, since they wasted my time with the email in the first place. :)

Edit:
The text in my email to spam@:
Im assuming this is spam, as my last name is in the member since section, and the Hello 34999…… isn’t any number I recognise to be associated with my account.

If not spam, can you forward to marketing/member experience and let them know they failed miserably?

Edit of Edit:
Its "[email protected]" spam@ bounces back.

Last edited:
Mr T got it on his edge spend 50 x 10 and I got it on my david jones storecard( not an amex ) spend 10 x 10

Received a platinum charge card offer of:

Spend $7,400 between 15/2-15/3 and receive 5,000 MR Points ....
What an odd offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back