From Earth Gold to Altitude Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

P'cisT

I'm looking at switching over as QFF/flights are of no use to me. I'd rather redeem for Gift Vouchers (eg Myer, Coles, etc) and Altitude seems more generous.

Has any switched before? Anything else I should consider?

Also, I'm currently paying $79 for my Earth Gold, so I'm hoping they will reduce the annual fee for Altitude Gold too. Don't know my chances?

I'm looking at switching over as QFF/flights are of no use to me. I'd rather redeem for Gift Vouchers (eg Myer, Coles, etc) and Altitude seems more generous.

Has any switched before? Anything else I should consider?

Also, I'm currently paying $79 for my Earth Gold, so I'm hoping they will reduce the annual fee for Altitude Gold too. Don't know my chances?

Just a follow up. I called up and asked about switching over to Altitude Gold and they told me I would have to pay the full cost $150. No reduction to switching over even though I'm paying $79 at the moment for Earth Gold. Thought it was a bit bizarre as I thought they would have preferred people on Altitude rewards as that's their product.

At the end, I figured it's not worth paying the extra $71 to switch over.

I dont think you can redeem for coles or woolies vouchers on this card. i cant find them anyway.

I would like to find a shop where you can purchase gift cards and get bonus points on your credit card.......

So buy a $100 WISH voucher, but earn more then 1.5pts on it.

By the way there is not use moving to Altitude Gold unless you want free travel insurance, otherwise the standard Altitude card offers the same as the gold in terms of points earned.
ie

• Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases on your Altitude American Express Card
  • Earn 1 point per $1 spent on purchases on your Altitude Visa Card or your Altitude MasterCard Card
So you may consider moving to standard Altitude rather than the Gold and its only $100 annual fee

By the way there is not use moving to Altitude Gold unless you want free travel insurance, otherwise the standard Altitude card offers the same as the gold in terms of points earned.
ie

• Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases on your Altitude American Express Card
  • Earn 1 point per $1 spent on purchases on your Altitude Visa Card or your Altitude MasterCard Card
So you may consider moving to standard Altitude rather than the Gold and its only $100 annual fee

I do travel occasionally so travel insurance is a nice addition.

For shopping vouchers you might also consider looking at the Myer Visa card. From what I can see on their website you get $20 voucher for 2,000 points that would be $1,000 for 10,000 points, haven't seen anything better.

For shopping vouchers you might also consider looking at the Myer Visa card. From what I can see on their website you get $20 voucher for 2,000 points that would be $1,000 for 10,000 points, haven't seen anything better.

I think you'll find it is $100 for 10,000 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back