Frequent Flyer card + Etrade 10500 bonus points

Status
Not open for further replies.

evangelionpunk

Well i had signed up for the FF Visa card @7500Bonus points and when I register for Etrade ill get another 3000 for free.

Catch though is I need a savings account by the looks of it at ANZ for Etrade to allow me to register with them.

hmmm.

get yourself an ANZ Access Select account. No monthly fees & unlimited internet banking transactions.

Please note, however, that you are only allowed six EFTPOS/ATM withdrawals each month you start paying fees on them.

serfty said:
get yourself an ANZ Access Select account. No monthly fees & unlimited internet banking transactions.

Please note, however, that you are only allowed six EFTPOS/ATM withdrawals each month you start paying fees on them.

I am shocked that there is such thing as a free fee account, I have just opened one myself now. Thanks for the tip.

You don't need the FF Visa card to get the 3000 points for opening an E-Trade account. The promotion is open to all QF FF members. Also get 1000 points per trade, up to 22,000 points in the first 2 months.
Email from QF said:
Hello NM

Earn up to 25,000 points with E*TRADE

- 3,000 points when you join*
- free to join
- 1,000 points per trade*

If you're interested in share trading - as a small or big
time investor - you can now trade shares, options and
warrants online with E*TRADE and earn Qantas Frequent Flyer
points at the same time.

As a new customer, you'll earn 3,000 points simply by opening
an online trading account by 29 April 2005* (you'll be
pleased to know it's free to join). Plus, you'll earn 1,000
points for every trade you place within the first two months
of joining, up to a maximum of 22,000 points*.

After that, you'll earn 1 point per A$3 in brokerage, up to
1,000 points per calendar month*. You'll only pay from
A$21.95 per trade in brokerage^.

Once your account is open, you'll have access to some of the
most advanced online trading tools, plus stock market
research from six independent providers. And when you're not
trading, you can earn up to 5.00% p.a.# on surplus cash in
your E*TRADE cash account.

Valid for new accounts opened from 1 February to
29 April 2005.

Find out more at www.etrade.com.au/qantasemail
http://email.qantas.net.au/ct/click?q=c8-2ldnQWOKMGxt6n8Mn2SJFPeR

If you have any questions, you can email E*TRADE at
[email protected] or call 1300 658 355.

Join E*TRADE now

Join online now at www.etrade.com.au/qantasemail
http://email.qantas.net.au/ct/click?q=dd-tpg0QzW0AG_u_gxGBlvteUlR

It costs nothing to join and you'll earn 3,000 Qantas
Frequent Flyer points*.

Valid for new accounts opened from 1 February to 29 April

If you're already an E*TRADE customer, make sure you've given
your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number to E*TRADE, so
you can earn points every time you trade.

Almost forgot about this. Just joined up but havent got my Access Account statements (working in Sydney during the week but live in Melb).

You have until the end of April 2005 to apply.

Regards
Daniel

10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points are waiting at E*TRADE

I got this email last night (7/7/05) as I have not yet decided to do any trading with eTrade.

In summary they are offering 2000 FF points per trade for up to five trades before 31st August.

Regards
Daniel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Daniel,
We recognise that you haven't taken the first step and placed your first trade with E*TRADE. We'd love to help you get started, and what better way than an exciting bonus points offer! Until 31 August, you can earn 2,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points per trade for your first 5 executed trades.
That's up to 10,000 points in total!

As a new customer, you may also find our Weekly Stock Tips service useful, which includes stock analysis and recommendations from 6 independent research houses. If you're wondering which stock to invest in, there are some great ideas in our Quotes and Research centre.

In the meantime, we'd be happy to help with any questions you may have about your account. If you've forgotten your login details, just call our friendly Customer Assistance team on 1300 658 355 between 8am-7pm AEST, Monday to Friday. You can also email us anytime at [email protected].

Remember, our bonus points offer ends on Wednesday, 31 August 2005, so don't delay!

Yours sincerely

Brett Spork
Chief Executive Officer
E*TRADE Australia

word of caution with anz etrade:

be careful you dont need to make a trade to get the points or that you need to keep your $$ in there for a set amount of time... last time I checked it was a min. $1000 deposit for anz etrade

Thanks. I was actually thinking of buying a few more QAN shares depending on if there was a sudden drop in the market after London. Looks like only a nominal drop of 3-4c.

Macquarrie Bank is also another one I'd like to buy but it is at a peak so maybe wait a bit.

Basically looking for any good investment with a dividend yield of about 5% or more with a P/E of about 8 (100% franking preferred).

Trying to lock in some long term savings into stocks as they are only earning 5.45% in my ANZ onine saver account (much less after tax).

Regards
Daniel

You really do want your cake and to eat it too.

I think you'll have to lift your P/E requirement to between 10-13 in order to get quality.

Lots of them around 8, but then again there's a reason for that 8)

Well I can now confirm that eTrade have credited me the 10,000 points to my account.

Did 5 trades this week and had to email them a few times to get them to manually add in the 5,000 bonus but I got them all today.

This week was also a very good week on the stock market so even more happy with my picks although I sold my Coles shares a day early. :)

Now I'm going to see if I can still get an additional 1,000 points per trade off them even though the 2 month honeymoon period is up. Probably not but you never know.

Regards
Daniel

Well I know now. Did two more trades this week and received my 2,000 points. I hope to do more trades to recieve a total of 30,000 points (25,000 + 5,000 bonus) in the next month or so.

It's pretty much reporting season so will be looking around for more stocks to add to my ASX, WOW, QAN, DJS, MBL shares.

Regards
Daniel

johnsmith said:
serfty said:

I am shocked that there is such thing as a free fee account, I have just opened one myself now. Thanks for the tip.
Not any more; I have received a letter from the ANZ that they are changing their "Access Select" product by charging a $2 PM fee. :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: .

Goes on to say I would probably be better off with an "Access Advantage" for $5pm with unlimited ANZ transactions. :roll:

I haven't gotten that letter from the ANZ yet but I made sure they know I an wit the ANZ@Work program where my company has negotiated fee free accounts to the account my salary gets paid into.

I have 2 accounts (personal and joint) that can get these fees so I make sure my salary gets automatically paid into both of them. :)

FYI, this gets reviewed every 12 months so be prepared to check your statement then and be prepared to ask them to flag your account as fee free for another 12 months.

I would probably recommend asking your employer if they have negotiated some sort of agreement like this with a bank. I know that NAB also does this sort of thing.

It used to be fee free just because I had a QFF ANZ Gold card but this was discontinued a few years back.

Regards
Daniel

A brouchure was included with the letter: "ANZ Everyday Banking Concessions & Privileges" wich lists ways in which monthly account service fees may be waived. Things like being a recipient of welfare, a student etc.

The most achievable of these for moi would require me to hold an "ANZ Shareholder Privilege Card" and get a minimum of $500 per month directly credited to the account.

How does one get an "ANZ Shareholder Privilege Card"? Simple, start off by buying at least 300 ANZ shares. ...

serfty said:
A brouchure was included with the letter: "ANZ Everyday Banking Concessions & Privileges" wich lists ways in which monthly account service fees may be waived. Things like being a recipient of welfare, a student etc.
Off topic, but possibly some useful advice.

I bank with the Commonwealth and pay no fees on any of my accounts. I have two passbook savings accounts, a cheque account and a keycard account without a keycard (don't ask). The reason no fees are charged is that you need to maintain a relationship balance with them of $50,000, I think (it was definately $30,000 for many years until recently increased).

A relationship balance can be made up of savings, term deposits, personal loans, investment loans, home loans etc. As I have some investment loans with them it suits me down to the ground to do my banking with them.

JohnK said:
... maintain a relationship balance with them of $50,000, I think (it was definately $30,000 for many years until recently increased).
Same figure with ANZ, they describe it as a combined deposit balance ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back