Frequent Flyer Books | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Frequent Flyer Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Flights
My Map
Hi All,

Does anyone know of any Frequent Flyer books available? I'm interested in ones from and Australian perspective if such a thing exists or doesnt it matter with these types of books?

I've looked at the one advertised in the last newsletter and was wondering if its an ebook that Frequent Flyer recommends or is it just advertised for the sake of advertising income??

Admin

Administrator
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
The ebook advertised in the last newsletter was an advertisement only. The eBook was neither produced nor written by us, and is certainly not endorsed by us.

Based on some feedback we have received it does seem have a US focus.

alien

Flights
My Map
Ok thanks I thought that may have been the case as you need to have forms of income.

So I guess you dont know of any others that maybe availble or worth while looking at?

donjsimons

Alien,
You probably read the guff our American friend wrote for free, but I have to agree with him that the best value you can get out of frequent flyer points is to use them for flying. Just divide them into the fare that you would have had to pay and then do the same thing with some of the offers like hotels and shopping vouchers, they do not come anywhere near using them for flying. The other old chessnut which is worth repeating is you can buy just about everything on a credit card nowadays and that's what you must do to get the maximum points flowing. Offer to pay other family member' bills on your card, as long as you get the cash.
My elderly neighbour just had her hot water service blow up so I paid for her new one on my card, she just wrote me a cheque instead of the plumber. Which just goes to show some neighbours will do anything to get me to fly to Japan!!
Good luck, make a game of it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nigel moore