Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

For those who said, not to use QCC or VGW for hotel preauthorisation: THANKS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
I used a non QCC/VGW to check in to the Novotel Auckland Airport hotel, on check in, but used one of them to pay for some charges on check out, thanks a million.
The preauthorisation came back into my own bank account quite fast, much faster than when I used the VGW to preauthorise on check in for my stay at that same hotel earlier on, in another stay.
The refund this time came back in 8 days.
Lucky they allowed more than one card to be used for the one stay though.

love_the_life

I have never had any problem using one card (credit) at check-in then paying for incidentals (and room if not already paid) with another (debit) at check-out. Have only used a debit once and check in and never again - took 10 days to release the pre-authorised amount, not a drama but I would rather have the money not have it tied up in never never land.

AustraliaPoochie

Established Member
Aye, my check in card was a Visa Debit, 8 days.
But then, for a working dog like myself, no one deems me worthy, apart from VC/MC debit varieties or QCC/VGW will issue me cards.

mannej

8 days for a hold to release is still quite annoying.

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle7153