Flying Pacific Blue ex SYD with 4 different gold cards. Which Lounge?

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by Timsboot, May 13, 2011.

1. Timsboot

Timsboot Intern

Oct 27, 2009
    BKK
    I am flying Pacific Blue out of Sydney. I am gold on Qantas, United, Singapore and Velocity. From what I have read Velocity Gold on Pac Blue is not good enough to get into the NZ lounge.

is there any lounge I can get into in Sydney International with any of these cards while flying Pac Blue?

Thanks

Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisementsMore…

2. yohy?!

yohy?! Established Member

Nov 30, 2009
    HKG
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I don't believe any of these will help - they would all require your travel to be on the home airline or airline's alliance carriers.

3. samh004

Apr 1, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Linkedin:
    Instagram:
    You are out of luck, which is appalling considering Air NZ and Virgin Australia have been in partnership a while now, and only recently announced some sort of reciprocal lounge access… but it’s still not in print!

I had the same problem last year, and will no doubt have it this year too. :(

4. malmacdowall

malmacdowall Member

Nov 16, 2009
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I would have thought it would be the same as V Australia international. I would front up to the air NZ lounge and ask for access. I doesn't specially say you don't have access, it just doesn't clearly say that you do. They provide lounge access for Gold ex NZ, so expect it in Aus too ....

5. yohy?!

yohy?! Established Member

Nov 30, 2009
    HKG
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map

6. 777

777 Established Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I agree it's crap and has been for years but the NZ VA partnership has not actually started yet. It begins in July -- hopefully this situation will improve then.

7. Timsboot

Timsboot Intern

Oct 27, 2009
    BKK
    I went to the Air NZ lounge and asked very nicely and was told (equally nicely) that I was not welcome to come to the lounge flying pac blue

8. samh004

Apr 1, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Linkedin:
    Instagram:
    I have a flight in August now, so we’ll see if anything comes of it or not.