Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Flying in the 1970's

Status
Not open for further replies.

opusman

Solutions
Cool photos!

I wonder when the last time QF served caviar was.

yohy?!

Established Member
Qantas
Silver
lol at the QF soup in the 60s - dressing it up as something grandiose is a trend that continues today (minus the substantial main course) ;)

Qantas
LT Silver
When I was upgraded to PanAm F in the mid 70s I have no idea such luxury existed and I have never forgotten it. Had the steak too.

(Two weeks ago was given caviar on TG SYD-BKK F with seconds. Yum.)

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
The Tiger Lounge has striking similarities to the QF F lounges!

We've never had F as good as we have it now. Back then there was little or no chance of sleep, unless you could do it upgright :(

opusman

Solutions
We've never had F as good as we have it now. Back then there was little or no chance of sleep, unless you could do it upgright :(

The seats are definitely vastly better. Food & Beverage - hard to say, since I never experienced F back then. But I know that there's definitely no caviar on QF these days :)

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
The seats are definitely vastly better. Food & Beverage - hard to say, since I never experienced F back then. But I know that there's definitely no caviar on QF these days :)

a lot of foods aren't necessarily considered PC these days. Caviar, birds nest soup, shark fin soup, fois gras. Having caviar doesn't necessarily 'luxury' much if it's cheap farmed caviar.

There was no 'dine on demand' back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia45