FINALLY! - Citi launching Citi Prestige with Visa Infinite

tharaka

Who else got an email from Citi saying their Select cards will be moved over to Prestige on the 30th Oct?

Nada!! No information available so far online. Wonder what changes they've made to the benefits!!!!

I just got my email. No links to the perks just yet. Interesting to see what they will be offering.

Yes received also - clearly we are all going to be way better off cause Citi say so:

On 30 October 2014, the Citi Prestige card will be launching in Australia. The new Citi Prestige card will be replacing your existing Citibank Select card. You will be receiving a new welcome pack with your new Citi Prestige card by mid-December. You can still use your Citibank Select card in the meantime as usual.

Your Citi Prestige card will come with many additional benefits at no additional cost and your current annual fee will remain the same.

On 30 October 2014, the Citi Prestige card will be launching in Australia. The new Citi Prestige card will be replacing your existing Citibank Select card. You will be receiving a new welcome pack with your new Citi Prestige card by mid-December. You can still use your Citibank Select card in the meantime as usual.

Your Citi Prestige card will come with many additional benefits at no additional cost and your current annual fee will remain the same.

Hopefully they don't reduce the point burn rate under the pretext of awarding additional benefits!!

SPG a chance to be added as a transfer partner, as has been noted in some other threads SPG was listed a while ago as a transfer partner on the Citi App.

I hope there aren't too many "enhancements"!

I expect we'll see the return of the free hotel night plus bonus points based on relationship history, if it follows the HK model!

Got the email too.

Fingers crossed for SPG points transfers, relationship bonuses, Free SPG Plat and 100 points per dollar promo for existing Select customers :D

Last edited:
I'm nervous about my 300,000 points earned through my Select card... not sure whether I should send them all to KF or not..!!

Not so sure about Hilton HH as they have their Local partner in Macquarie.

I'm speculating that this card will follow the HK's card interms of benefits. Citi's Prestige card in the US is a master card as far as I know and they have Prestige in Visa in HK and India. Hopefully the Aussie offering will beat all three.

Highly likely that they'll bring back the Hotel offer - perhaps 1 night free when booked 3nights. Hope they don't downgrade the earn rate 2:1 and international 5:1.

Likely they'll introduce some loyalty bonus. Makes perfect sense for them as high end CC market has become all about retaining your customer.

On top of this, you get the additional Visa Infinite benefits being upgraded from Select to Infinite.

I really hope they've partnered up with Virgin or Qantas to offer discounted membership or free Aussies lounges on top of the Priority Pass.

Not so sure about Hilton HH as they have their Local partner in Macquarie.

I'm a new member so can't post the link, but if you search for "visa premium hilton" you'll get a page on visapremium.com.au which says HH Gold upgrade is available for any Visa Infinite. You just need to call the Infinite concierge. I tried sneaking my Select card past them a couple of weeks ago but they explicitly said you need to be Infinite.

Thanks for this one! Had no idea that this was available in Aussie. Funny how it's offered here though, as I don't think Visa Infinite is offered in Aus.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back