Famous people met/seen while flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerri

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
10
Points
0
Dented Tiara !

Sorry, too much of a Lady for that. As a frequent Around the World traveller (great way to clock up those points), then I take your point and can add Kieron Perkins BNE-Hamilton Island, Rolf Harris, SYD-LON, and in LA, and BOS several, including Kennedys and yes I am amazed at how many local Brisbanites I've met in New York, Washington, LA, Virginia, and Niagara and Montreal this year. Keep travelling folks, thanks for the insight. :D
 

BlacKnox

Active Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
735
Points
0
Re: Dented Tiara !

Gerri said:
Sorry, too much of a Lady for that. As a frequent Around the World traveller (great way to clock up those points), then I take your point and can add Kieron Perkins BNE-Hamilton Island, Rolf Harris, SYD-LON, and in LA, and BOS several, including Kennedys and yes I am amazed at how many local Brisbanites I've met in New York, Washington, LA, Virginia, and Niagara and Montreal this year. Keep travelling folks, thanks for the insight. :D

Yep, I too am surprised at how many Brisbanites I meet around the place. Also is there not a disproportionate amount of Brizzos on this forum :?:
 

dajop

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
13,034
Solutions
3
Points
1,345
See them more in the lounges than on the plane, but that's not really surprising.

Australian Cricket Team - SYD QC then on the flight SYD-BNE. And again six months later in the FCL at SIN, although there were only five of them in the FCL, saw the others coming from the J lounge.

Politicians - catch any flight out of CBR and its not uncommon on CBR-MEL route I've seen Costello, Harradine, Gillard, Brown and others.

Sydney Swans (SYD-MEL), Port Adelaide FC (QC PER), some Rugby League teams, don't know and don't care who (I am from MEL) SYD-BNE, SYD-TSV.

Keiren Perkins, Various Oz TV types(eg Deborah Mailman, Steve Bisley, Molly, Big Brother contestants - if you call them celebs)

And taking the cake on MEL-WGA flight ... Shannon Noll, complete with teenage groupies (yes 3 them) waiting at Wagga airport for his arrival.
 

knoxd

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
36
Points
0
Yeah seen shannon noll.

He was coming down the escallator at MEL from the QP.. or was it the CL???

Maybe he's one of the celebs who's now self important enough to be in CL.....
 

bigjobs

Active Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
802
Points
270
i used to do a fair bit of contract work for Centrelink - i got to see a number of Big Brother evictees in the dole queue :wink:
 

stuandmel

Intern
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
60
Points
0
I thnik we should refrain from referring to politicians as celebs on this topic. Mind you, I often fly SYD-CBR and if my employer stumped up whatever it costs for a 32 minute J class flight I might feel like a bit of a celeb too. It must be the shortest J sector in the world?
 

knoxd

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2005
Messages
36
Points
0
SYD CBR is quite short but still gets you 80 SC's return..
Not a bad idea to include in a status run..

I put one of my mates on a
BNE-SYD K
SYD-CBR J
CBR-MEL J
MEL-ADL K
ADL-PER O

run last year..

Help him retain gold..
 
  • Informative
Reactions: Ade
We've Increased Our Flying to 30 Destinations Across Australia. Book With Us Today. Change Your Flight, Fee-Free and As Often As You Like for Travel up to 30 Apr 22*. Contactless Check-in. Special Safety Protocols. New Cleaning Practices. Online Check-in.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Warks

Established Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2003
Messages
2,728
Points
620
NEWS FLASH! In QC in MEL right now is Dave Hughes... comedian extraordinaire... and he's not happy... :D
(that bloke on The Glasshouse and those Holden ads in case you don't know)

Yes pathetic isn't it.
 

Yada Yada

Established Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,877
Points
0
JohnK said:
I am the type of person who would not notice.

And if I have seen/sat next to/been on the same plane as a famous person at some time in my travels, more than likely I wouldn't recognise them and probably would not know their name either.

I'm the same as you, JohnK - I wouldn't notice and generally am not that interested.

But I do have one story. The only "famous" person I've ever noticed was John Howard. It was 14 years ago on a PER-SYD flight (so before he was PM). My wife and I were flying business class with our 6 month old daughter (our first child) in the 3rd or 4th row of a 737.

About 2 hours into the flight my daughter needed a nappy change, so being in the aisle seat I volunteered and took her to the toilet at the front on the left hand side. I'd never changed a nappy on board before and discovered that when the change table is lowered, I could not actually fit inside the WC, so had to stand in the doorway with the door swinging behind me! We had a bit of bumpy air at the time too so it made it just that little bit more difficult to do my job. :eek:

Anyway I changed the nappy, which was quite revolting, all the time feeling concerned that the poor folk in the front row, especially on the right hand side of the plane who had more of view of what I was doing, were suffering not only from the sight but also the smell.

When I finished up and turned around, I saw John Howard sitting in the front row, aisle seat on the right hand side - he was in pole position for the show.

My concern immediately dissipated and I felt very satisfied at the service I had just performed for the nation. :D
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
Yada Yada said:
When I finished up and turned around, I saw John Howard sitting in the front row, aisle seat on the right hand side - he was in pole position for the show.

My concern immediately dissipated and I felt very satisfied at the service I had just performed for the nation. :D
Hear hear.

I just wish that it discouraged him from running for PM. :( I saw him once in the passenger seat of his(our) car on the warringah freeway on the way to 2UE (flew past me doing ~100k/ph in 70/80 zone) and interview with Mike Carlton. Little weasel. If it looks like one, acts like one then it really is one.

:oops: Forgot this is a frequent flyer board.
 

Craigo

Intern
Joined
Sep 22, 2003
Messages
63
Points
0
JohnK said:
Yada Yada said:
When I finished up and turned around, I saw John Howard sitting in the front row, aisle seat on the right hand side - he was in pole position for the show.

My concern immediately dissipated and I felt very satisfied at the service I had just performed for the nation. :D
Hear hear.

I just wish that it discouraged him from running for PM. :( I saw him once in the passenger seat of his(our) car on the warringah freeway on the way to 2UE (flew past me doing ~100k/ph in 70/80 zone) and interview with Mike Carlton. Little weasel. If it looks like one, acts like one then it really is one.

:oops: Forgot this is a frequent flyer board.

I've seen enough discussion boards hijacked by peurile lefties. Don't start here :evil:
 

Yada Yada

Established Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,877
Points
0
Craigo said:
I've seen enough discussion boards hijacked by peurile lefties. Don't start here :evil:

FWIW, none of the comments above mean that JohnK or I are a "leftie". If that comment was serious you need a reality check fella. :(
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
Craigo said:
I've seen enough discussion boards hijacked by peurile lefties. Don't start here :evil:
Just having some fun with a character assassination of a liar and little weasel. Comment has nothing to do with anyone's political leanings. I really don't want to hijack your precious discussion board. Lighten up and all will be ok.

And BTW you guessed right. I am a natural cacky hander and loving it. :p
 

Craigo

Intern
Joined
Sep 22, 2003
Messages
63
Points
0
If you two want to get into politics, I can suggest a number of blogs you can go to - they're the appropriate place for it, not here.

That's one of the good things about this board and I don't want to see it change.
 

Yada Yada

Established Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,877
Points
0
Craigo said:
If you two want to get into politics, I can suggest a number of blogs you can go to - they're the appropriate place for it, not here.

That's one of the good things about this board and I don't want to see it change.

Oh, so you were in fact serious. :(

No-one is starting a political debate here. It's nothing more than a bit of fun. Why get alarmed at the previous few posts when on the first page of this very thread other posters mentioned Andrew Bartlett and Alexander Downer in less than glowing terms?

No-one's making any serious political comment here. I dislike most politicians and would have been happy changing that dirty nappy in front of Kim Beazley, Natasha S-D or anyone else you'd care to name. Get over it and lighten up. :p
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
18,023
Points
1,570
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
I believe Craigo is trying to stress the point that this Bulletin Board is appropriately named "Australian Frequent flyer", for discussions about flying. He's correct, there are other boards for those comments.

Yada Yada has put his comment about being on board with John Howard - none of us have anything wrong with that, it's on topic (sure, his last comment could have been left off :roll: ).

JohnK is only marginalising himself by taking that part of Yada Yada's comment and giving us his thoughts on politicians (particularly John Howard, in this case).

Perhaps we should eschew political statements or JohnK, who has advised elsewhere that he likes stirring. That kind of an attitude will only ostracise him further from the people on this board.
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
18,023
Points
1,570
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Now perhaps we can get back on topic.

I was with a plane load (well, a Dash 8) of famous people on my recent CBR/SYD sector:

Peter Gregg (CFO, Qantas) and his wife
Paul Clitheroe (ipac Securities, Channel 9 "Money" program, buiness commentator)
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
Lindsay Wilson said:
I believe Craigo is trying to stress the point that this Bulletin Board is appropriately named "Australian Frequent flyer", for discussions about flying. He's correct, there are other boards for those comments.

Yada Yada has put his comment about being on board with John Howard - none of us have anything wrong with that, it's on topic (sure, his last comment could have been left off :roll: ).

JohnK is only marginalising himself by taking that part of Yada Yada's comment and giving us his thoughts on politicians (particularly John Howard, in this case).

Perhaps we should eschew political statements or JohnK, who has advised elsewhere that he likes stirring. That kind of an attitude will only ostracise him further from the people on this board.
I did not turn it political. It could have been any person, just happened to be a politician.

You are entitled to believe what you like. You are also entitled to assassinate my character as well.

I did nothing wrong. :?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top