Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

EY to do NZ line maintenance in MEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Must...Fly!

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Interesting. There are rumours that Etihad has big plans for PER, beyond expanding the schedule when it starts later this month.

Must...Fly!

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
What sort of rumours? Their own lounge? More flights?
A lounge would certainly be a part of their broader plans if they can get the space in the airport (perhaps take over the QF lounge, that surely won't stay forever). But I'm more referring to services to other airlines eg ground handling etc. Something I heard a while back.

But there are always more interesting rumours to think about!

markis10

Veteran Member
A lounge would certainly be a part of their broader plans if they can get the space in the airport (perhaps take over the QF lounge, that surely won't stay forever). But I'm more referring to services to other airlines eg ground handling etc. Something I heard a while back.

But there are always more interesting rumours to think about!
There are a few MH lounges becoming vacant soon I suspect.

Last edited:

Must...Fly!

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
There are a few MH lounges become vacant soon I suspect.
PER would be an interesting place to put a oneworld lounge. With MH/QR/CX having departures at various times through the day/night and QF maintaining a somewhat limited presence it could work quite well, as the QF staff are already there to man it and do so for QR departures already.

TheInsider

Established Member
I think it's got to do with the fact John Holland is going bust and not many other companies to tender out to down in MEL.

The Qantas Premier Platinum Card delivers up to 100k Qantas Points, 75 bonus Status Credits, complimentary lounge invitations and travel insurance. All this with a reduced first-year annual fee of $199.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khoobh16