EY & QR J to Europe from $2,723 ex MNL | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

EY & QR J to Europe from $2,723 ex MNL

SYD

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum

laffer

So far I've found variants on QR to MXP, FCO and for a slightly higher price to MAD in or around Xmas if it helps.

Reactions: RB

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
Etihad also now has some good J fares from CGK to AMS. Around $2,824 return in J for dates up to 30 June 2020 (some blackout dates apply).

Bizarrely, Etihad is currently promoting a CGK-AMS sale fare of IDR45,876,660 but it's actually pricing at IDR27,299,200 if you book on the Etihad website.

If using Qantas points to position to Asia, SYD-CGK is slightly fewer points than SYD-MNL and award availability on QF41/42 is generally OK.

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 8.13.55 am.png

jase05

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Would love to try and tie in one of those ripper LX/LH fares somehow. MXP-SIN return for under $1800 in J. I have always wanted to try LH F and pricing at $3500 from Italy to PVG return :oops:
Need to convince the minister of finance that 2 trips to Europe next year is a possibility :p

laffer

Just thought I would add some pricing if it helps (from Google Flights).

MNL to AMS on 24 Dec and back on 13 Jan for $2626

Interestingly the price for CX and SQ has dropped as well to $3405 and $3838 respectively.

Getting to MNL still proving to be a challenge for an reasonable price even in Y.

Boakesy

With EK also offering the same deal, do you earn Q status credits on EK metal or is it only QR?

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
With EK also offering the same deal, do you earn Q status credits on EK metal or is it only QR?
You can't earn Qantas status credits (only points) on Emirates flights with an EK flight number. You do earn if it's a Qantas codesahre booked on a QF flight number, but that wouldn't be available on the tickets out of the Philippines.

You do earn Qantas status credits for Qatar Airways flights.

jase05

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Haven’t seen EK offered at those prices yet.
EY (Etihad) are the ones offering those fares

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
Haven’t seen EK offered at those prices yet.
EY (Etihad) are the ones offering those fares
Emirates is around the $2.5k mark out of Clark (CRK) and Cebu (CEB).

jase05

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Emirates is around the $2.5k mark out of Clark (CRK) and Cebu (CEB).
Cheers, haven’t seen that yet. I saw CRK was about $200 cheaper than MNL with QR

Mrmaxwell

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Great info here!

Unfortunately QF19/20 has terrible availability SYD-MNL each year around Xmas time with Y pricing now $1200 each way.

I flew QR in J for the first time earlier in the year ex-MNL-MAD. I got the 777 with very old J class MNL-DOH and then the 787 DOH-MAD which was also average...not a QSuite, A380 or bar in site which was disappointing.

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
Unfortunately QF19/20 has terrible availability SYD-MNL each year around Xmas time with Y pricing now $1200 each way.
I guess that's to be expected if booking 2 months out for Christmas travel.

How is availability on SYD-MNL for the rest of the year?

laffer

I guess that's to be expected if booking 2 months out for Christmas travel.

How is availability on SYD-MNL for the rest of the year?
Not always the case with travel. Picked up a wonderful J fare to SGN last year with SQ around this time and the year before picked up a J reward with BA to SIN even later than this. But MNL does seem to be one of those places at Christmas with higher pricing.

Saw a fare open up on CI last night out of Sydney for about $4k to Europe for some small number of dates in Dec.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miguel Tovar