Extending travel date expiry on Jetstar vouchers - possible solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonetroppo

Intern
Hello - long time lurker, first time poster.

So I have some $100 Jetstar vouchers via the Jetstar Mastercard. They have to be booked within 3 months for travel dates within 6 months. You're forced to take them when they issue them, so they arrive in dribs and drabs, rather than being able to save up a few for a family holiday.

BUT

With the Plus Bundle (free changes) add-on Jetstar has introduced, I think it may provide a way around this. I should be able to book a flight within the 6 month travel deadline and pay the extra (eg $22 for BNE-CNS), then change the flight later on to a date outside of the original 6 months (plus fare difference if applicable). Lather, rinse and repeat as new vouchers come in - to cover the rest of the family.

A Jetstar call centre fellow said this would be possible, but I'm wondering if anyone has done this and how it went?

OK, well I've gone ahead and tested the waters using one voucher that was about to expire (booking period deadline). Will try to change it to late 2013 in a week or so. Will report back...

I'm pretty sure it won't work. I have a current booking for a starter plus fare which was part paid for using a $50 voucher. If I try to change the flight I only get credit for the cash component, so the $50 disappears.

Thanks Frogger - I went in and had a look - it does what you described when trying to swap to a date outside the original voucher. With a date inside the deadline it keeps the credit for both cash and voucher. So unfortunately the Indian call centre guy and his supervisor were both wrong. Oh well, the plus bundle enables name changes, so that helps.

If only you could accumulate points with this jetstar mastercard - being forced to redeem them makes it much less useful.

Anyway, great forum, lots of very handy tips.

If only you could accumulate points with this jetstar mastercard - being forced to redeem them makes it much less useful.

Both of the Jetstar Mastercard products allow you to choose between Jetstar Dollars and Qantas Frequent Flyer Points now

The regular card earns at 1 point for every $2 and the Platinum Mastercard earns at 1 point per dollar

Jetstar Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back