Expiring points, Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankur7

hi,

I have almost 40000 miles on Singapore airlines, and about 13000 miles expires end of June.

I am in Europe at the moment, and wont return to Australia for another 3 months. Any suggestion how I can use atleast the expiring points. I usually fly Qantas, hence not too worried about the Singapore points at the moment.

Can I do even some shopping? Or buy tickets on like Lufthansa or Austrian Air. I am in Graz, Austria at the moment.

Please advice !!!
Ankur

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

AMX001595_Travel-Insider_1100x260

Kiwi Flyer

Welcome to AFF ankur7 :)

You can use SQ miles on any of their partners - this includes all of Star Alliance (Lufthansa, Austrian, LOT, Swiss, Adria, Croatia, etc).

For example a *A intra-europe return award in economy is 25,000 miles. An SQ intra-europe return award (eg ZRH-MAN-ZRH, MXP-BCN-MXP) in economy is 15,000 miles less online booking discount of 15%. Check out www.singaporeair.com for more info.

You can also extend the validity of your miles by 6 months upon payment of a fee. This is probably only worthwhile if you are saving up for a more expensive award for which you will soon have enough miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.