Expert Flyer Free Trial Question | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Expert Flyer Free Trial Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheenaec7

I've just registered for the 5 day free trial of the Expert Flyer Premium Service. I've tried doing a search for award availability. However, in the drop down menu there are no Cathay and no British Airways options. Any reason why they aren't on the list? Other OW airlines are listed so why are these missing. I thought the EF Premium service would cover ALL airlines. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers :)

Last edited:

Danger

Not all airlines are available on EF, regardless of the level of membership. CX and BA are two examples. The EF rep will likely drop by this thread to explain but my understanding is it's because the airlines don't provide the information to EF.

Searching for CX and BA awards can be done on QF. Of course, that doesn't help with setting up alerts and the like.

I've just registered for the 5 day free trial of the Expert Flyer Premium Service. I've tried doing a search for award availability. However, in the drop down menu there are no Cathay and no British Airways options. Any reason why they aren't on the list? Other OW airlines are listed so why are these missing. I thought the EF Premium service would cover ALL airlines. Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers :)
Unfortunately not all airlines publish their award data in the reservation systems.

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

jgm

Not all airlines are available on EF, regardless of the level of membership. CX and BA are two examples. The EF rep will likely drop by this thread to explain but my understanding is it's because the airlines don't provide the information to EF.

Searching for CX and BA awards can be done on QF. Of course, that doesn't help with setting up alerts and the like.
QF shows phantom availability for CX - use JL instead.

Sheenaec7

Thanks jgm. I'm just about to sign up for KVS Diamond membership so that should about cover things. I've got time today to study all the codes and stuff.

bismarck

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Thanks jgm. I'm just about to sign up for KVS Diamond membership so that should about cover things. I've got time today to study all the codes and stuff.
The trick with KVS (IMHO) is having hypotheses about which city pairs might have availability and how you could potentially construct a through award by looking for the individual legs. That way when searching for, say, Australia to Europe, you know which potential city pairs to try to have the best chance of seeing something.

Its interface is not the most trendy, but I quite like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiblinoman