Experience with Revolut

travelbee26

Intern
I’m wondering what experience people have had in using revolut when travelling for accessing money overseas? A friend has recommended it, however reviews dont paint a confident picture? I’ve been looking at Latitude 28 degree for its free fees when OS.

I’m wondering what experience people have had in using revolut when travelling for accessing money overseas? A friend has recommended it, however reviews dont paint a confident picture? I’ve been looking at Latitude 28 degree for its free fees when OS.
consider Wise (previously Transferwise)

If you decide to open this PM me if you'd like a referral

Big fan of Revolut. Cheaper than Wise as you get a free FX allowance each month. Just avoid exchanging over the weekend as there is a weekend fee.

The exchange rates of Wise and Revolut are both better than the visa/mastercard rate too by about .5-1% in my experience.

I'm much the same - like Revolut - rates are pretty much the same as my trading screen - I don't check anymore.

I upgraded to "metal" plan to get a bigger "free ATM withdrawal" allowance while I was away (and FX limit as I do need ot on some months) - amazing that while I haven't used cash in AU anymore, there are plenty of places overseas that still only take cash.

I agree, avoid FX transactions on the weekend as there is an extra spread to protect Revolut from FX volatility over the weekend.

App is pretty good and now have an AU BSB and A/c. Can also transfer $$ near instantly to overseas bank accounts. Gone are the days of long waits and huge fees for this.

To top it off, my kids - who are minors get Visa debit cards - they wanted Visa cards and couldn't find it anywhere as they're minors. I pay them their allowances here so they can also learn to budget.

As you can tell, I'm a fan.

I haven't researched Wise yet so not sure what I'm missing.

Last edited:

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back