Experience on using priority pass at cafe/bar

twistedbow

Hello all,

Anyone used PP at bar/cafe registered in PP? Do I just tell the cashier I have PP, show CC and boarding pass and I can claim up to AU$36 in single transaction?

That's what the conditions say but never used it this way so no clue and want to hear from those that used it this way.

Thanks

I've used it four times at one of the restaurants at the Sydney domestic terminal. What you say above is almost exactly right, except you don't show the credit card -- you give them your actual PP membership card to swipe (apparently you can show your card via the PP app too but I've never done that).

Absolutely no issues each time; enjoyed $36 worth of food and drink.

No CC needed (as PP have a card on file).

Used PP at Movida in MEL international terminal in October 2022 to buy three hideously expensive coffees and two hideously expensive croissants for the people I was travelling with...

I also used it at MoVida at MEL. When ordering, I showed the card on my app which they scanned the QR code of and asked for our boarding passes. They entered the flight number into the terminal they have and took a photo of the boarding passes I think. Didn't have to show the CC.

Have used PP multiple times at BarRoma, SYD domestic.

Just flash the PP card and they'll scan it.
Be careful - last time the person behind the counter said I have "two" access and whilst true I really only wanted to use one pass as $36 is enough for my wife & me to grab a little nibble.
Anyway my tired self just accepted what the person said & later on, I checked my account & I had been charged for the extra $36.

So just ensure they only consume 1 pass (you often get 2 with the Citi card).

And whilst we're on this topic - I have a little question myself...Sorry to hijack the thread but its kinda the same topic.

Planning to fly International later this year, departing SYD, Terminal 1.

PP gives access to The House. This is a lounge located airside. Never been there & never redeemed PP at an actual lounge. Just the aforementioned cafe.

My PP account has 2 "visits" on my account. Does this give me access to the lounge for myself and guest (wife)? Or do I need to pay for her?
And anyone with experience of this lounge? What's it like?

Late 50s and I've never been to an airport lounge! This'll be my first time.

I've used it several times as well.

Take-away, if available, was also no issue except for alcoholic beverages. They would only supply alcoholic beverages if consumed on the premises. I think that's more to do with alcohol laws than PP.

My PP account has 2 "visits" on my account. Does this give me access to the lounge for myself and guest (wife)? Or do I need to pay for her?
I think I've found the answer to my question.
As per Citi Premier T & C from the Citi website
The first two visits within each 12-month membership period from registration (membership year) are complimentary to the primary cardholder only, after which any additional visits by you and visits by your guests will be charged directly to you by Priority Pass at their ordinary standard rates.

So it explicitly states "primary cardholder only". I guess that means I am at the mercy of the lounge staff whether I can use my 2nd visit allowance for the guest. I don't plan on using the 2nd visit within the 12 month membership period so would be good if I could use them both for this single trip.

for those with unlimited visits, do you know how PP count "visits" to cafes/restaurants? For example, is it once per establishment per flight number per 24 hour period?

I could even "cafe hop" if there were multiple establishments per airport right?

for those with unlimited visits, do you know how PP count "visits" to cafes/restaurants? For example, is it once per establishment per flight number per 24 hour period?

I could even "cafe hop" if there were multiple establishments per airport right?
I used my card in two venues at Canberra last month x 2 persons per venue.

No issues, recorded on my card, and no backcharge.

Used my card twice in a roll (2 pax each) at a BNE cafe as I was buying for a few people. No issues and both were registered as complimentary.

Has anyone successfully used their restaurant credit using a digital membership PP card? I still haven’t received a physical card yet

Anyone know if you can use the guest allowance (included with Citi prestige) at cafes etc for yourself? Or would I need to make friends with another traveller if I wanted to spend more?

Anyone know if you can use the guest allowance (included with Citi prestige) at cafes etc for yourself? Or would I need to make friends with another traveller if I wanted to spend more?
Probably depends on how loose the venue is.

I haven’t tried but I have been asked a few times if I’m using one or two persons on my card, when there is no one with me.

Probably depends on how loose the venue is.

I haven’t tried but I have been asked a few times if I’m using one or two persons on my card, when there is no one with me.
Thanks for the response -seems like some would be willing to then. That's a little cheeky they asked!

Back