Ever had your checked luggage go missing ?

Discussion in 'Trip Reports and Trip Photos' started by nonpop, Mar 17, 2012.

1. nonpop

nonpop Established Member

Jun 2, 2010
    SYD
    #1 nonpop, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
    Not a true TR. But happened whilst I was in the SYD Flounge waiting for a flight.
    I noticed a bag fall off one of the luggage trailers being pulled to a plane (the plane is in the background).
    The driver didn't notice. Other staff came and went with many just driving around it.
    Then eventually someone came and moved it off where vehicles drive.
    Nobody seemed to associate the fact that, just may be the bag could belong to the plane getting ready to load (and which baggage was being loaded) nearby.
    The bag was collected and thrown into a van and then they drove off.
    I hope it found the right owners.

View attachment 6511 View attachment 6512 View attachment 6513 View attachment 6514

Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisementsMoreā€¦

2. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    #3 markis10, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
    Last year a whole container was lying on its side in a similar location, and apparently it was invisible too!

[​IMG]

3. ozmille

ozmille Established Member

Aug 20, 2010
    NSW Southern Highlands
    does happen quite often... when the bags are picked up they just send them either on the correct flight or the next flight...

4. blackcat20

blackcat20 Senior Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I've seen it happen when I've been on board a plane waiting to depart. Let an FA know that there were some bags on the ground, the message was passed along, and the luggage was collected quite promptly.