Etihad seat assignment advice | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Etihad seat assignment advice

jpp42

Hello,

My friend and I are booked on separate tickets on the same flights from SYD to AMS on EY. We used separate tickets due to returning on different dates, but would like to sit together on the outbound segments. I know the best option to guarantee seats next to each other is to pay for seat assignments on both our itineraries. What are the other options if we don't want to shell out the $200+ for this ? This is my first time flying EY for longhaul so I'm not really sure of the ins and outs of this.

* I have WP on Virgin Australia. Does this offer any advantages in seat assignment? It's all EY tickets booked through EY web site, but I did enter my VA details. This didn't seem to make a difference in seat assignment - is this correct?
* Can the lounge attendant in EY lounge in SYD re-assign us seats together (if available) ?
* If we wait until T-24, seat assignment is free, right? Is it generally possible to find seats together if we log on right at T-24, and if so, will they 'stick' or can they be moved around randomly (given that their systems will see us as two separate bookings) ?

We are travelling on mid week, last week of November, so I think it's a shoulder season and hopefully not totally full flights.

borism5

Hi,

The general guideline is that you can check in online 30h before departure and then choose standard seats for free, should there be any spare seats as they automatically assign seats before they open online check-in. Now I did notice that they assigned a seat for me even earlier (let's say 48h before departure) and already from that moment I could log in with my PNR on Etihad and change the seating. As last resort, ask at the airport check in.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aakash35