Etihad Airlines received $US3 billion interest-free loan from Abu Dhabi royal family

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by whatmeworry, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. whatmeworry

whatmeworry Established Member

Jan 22, 2007
    No wonder companies like Qantas can't compete.

2. maninblack

maninblack Established Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Etihad Airlines received $US3 billion interest-free loan from Abu Dhabi royal...

Indeed. It's a big power game for the 3 big ME carriers now and a big ego game for their backers. They each want to dominate and they have the financial resources to give it a shot. Almost no-one wants to actually travel to Abu Dhabi or Dubai or Doha, it has been a really odd change in people's travel methodology over the past decade.

• Like Like x 3
  3. zainman

zainman Established Member

Jan 31, 2012
    MEL & KHI
    Re: Etihad Airlines received $US3 billion interest-free loan from Abu Dhabi royal fam

IMHO QF has bigger problems.

4. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    • Like Like x 2
  5. zainman

zainman Established Member

Jan 31, 2012
    MEL & KHI
    Re: Etihad Airlines received $US3 billion interest-free loan from Abu Dhabi royal fam

Great document. Thanks for the link!

6. maninblack

maninblack Established Member

Aug 14, 2006

You are 100% right but that was a long time ago, this is now.

7. marki

marki Established Member

Feb 11, 2010
    On this World- Mostly
    Facebook:

So the truth comes out. We really should be helping QF too then?

Sent from my iPhone using AustFreqFly

8. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth

Not to discredit the graph but I really think if you are going to graph it, it should be a consistent unit money wise and scaled by amount as well.
    I am sure I am not the only one thinking that the graph is distorted.

9. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD

Given a graph is an ordered pair requiring 2 elements, its not a graph, just a timeline aka a project artifact. I am intrigued by the figure wingtips and their variance though.

10. whatmeworry

whatmeworry Established Member

Jan 22, 2007

Emirates has some really nice propaganda. Emirates is still owned by their government and thus still any figure or statistic by Emirates can be manipulated by Emirates.

Funny that Emirates second most important market is Germany... Didn't QF give up Frankfurt and onward airports?

Emirates business model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

11. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD

Are you saying the figures published are not true? BTW the comments about Germany are irrelevant, they are not talking about Germany to Australia or even Germany to Asia, the markets QF were playing in.

12. Sprucegoose

Sprucegoose Senior Member

Aug 20, 2003
    SE Aust
    Re: Etihad Airlines received $US3 billion interest-free loan from Abu Dhabi royal...

Can't wait until we go direct and leave someone else to play in the sandcastle

• Like Like x 1