Entertainment Lounge Experiences

bussyboy

Qantas
Silver Club
I couldn't find any threads on the Amex Entertainment Lounges and was greeted with the following when logging into my account this morning...

1678678503792.png

I'm a little miffed about the "on us" part of this statement - pretty sure it was a pay as you go experience at Qudos Bank Arena a few years ago.

Wondering if the AFF community wanted to share any any thoughts and experiences about this oft-forgotten card benefit??

Also, similar services are available elsewhere in the world, I recall encountering at Universal Studios Hollywood - is there a definitive list of (non-airport) Amex Lounges?

By the way, Australian entertainment lounges are found at the following venues, and F&B discounts offered at other outlets throughout the venue:
  • Qudos Bank Arena
  • Aware Super Theatre ICC Sydney
  • Brisbane Entertainment Centre
  • Rod Laver Arena
Beyond this - many special events (e.g. Vivid in Sydney) also have pop-up lounges too!

Ive been into the Amex Lounge at both Qudos Bank Arena and Aware Super Theatre ICC Sydney but the drinks/food were definitely paid, not freebies. Curious as to what the free drink might be now?

Amex do pop up lounges too the had one at Vivid Sydney last year and for Mardi Gras.

Ive been into the Amex Lounge at both Qudos Bank Arena and Aware Super Theatre ICC Sydney but the drinks/food were definitely paid, not freebies. Curious as to what the free drink might be now?

Amex do pop up lounges too the had one at Vivid Sydney last year and for Mardi Gras.
Vivid was pay as you go as well, and I thought the same for the others as well. Badly written offer with the “on us“ wording.

Yeah I have been a to a few of these and the food and drink has always been a paid offering. The only "on us" part is the entry to the lounge. Depending on the event sometimes its good just for a place to use the toilet and order without a long line, other times the entertainment lounge has felt like a waste of time.

Have been to the Qudos one. Helpful to skip the lines to get a few drinks, but the insanely low ceilings make the place feel like a bit of an afterthought.

They used to offer free bottles of water but it’s been swapped out with 10% off F&B when paying with Amex.

The Vivid Amex lounge included one free drink for Plats, but otherwise agree with others experiences that the F&B is chargeable at the other lounges.

I recall the Vivid lounge was one free drink from a small selection and something quite modest from the food menu. Anything extra was paid for.

There isn't many, but I found a list of some venues outside Australia with extra Amex cardholder benefits, including discounts, member only entrances, and some lounges: American Express Presale Concert Tickets, Events & Experiences

Selected Lounges from the list
  • Barclays centre, Brooklyn NY - 40/40 club access for all Consumer and Business American Express Card Members
  • Crypto.com Arena, Los Angeles CA - Centrian Suite access/drinks for Centurion and Platinum Card Members
  • O2 Arena, London UK - Amex Lounge access and 2 drinks, available to all Consumer and Business Amex Card Members
  • Ovo Arena, Wembley UK - Amex Lounge access and 2 complimentary drinks available to all Consumer and Business Amex Card Member
Was hoping to find more tbh...

Wondering if the AFF community wanted to share any any thoughts and experiences about this oft-forgotten card benefit??
I like the one at Qudos Bank Arena. It means I could get stuffs quickly then go back to my seats. Trying buying things from anywhere else and it would take forever.

I've been into the RLA one in Melbourne back in February 2023. All paid F&B, however nice to have somewhere comfortable to sit rather than just hang around in the seat before the gig or in the overflowing concourse. Staff were very friendly too.

Has anyone heard if Amex are having a lounge again at Vivid this year?

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back