Emirates Booking fare code | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Emirates Booking fare code

Status
Not open for further replies.

simongr

Enthusiast
Hi all
My parents are visiting from Cyprus and are not looking forward to their EK economy flight home so they are thinking of upgrading using cash. The outbound flight fare code is WRTCY1. Now this was more expensive than the YRTCY1 ticket that the y had on way out here. I have set up flight notifications on EF t tell me when their is availability around their departure date. I am not sure though that the flight is upgradeable. If it is Y then I would assume that generally it will be. Any thoughts? Obviously we can call EK and check but I wouldn't mind havnig the facts to support it in advance of calling EK.

Cheers

S

Dave Noble

simongr said:
Hi all
My parents are visiting from Cyprus and are not looking forward to their EK economy flight home so they are thinking of upgrading using cash. The outbound flight fare code is WRTCY1. Now this was more expensive than the YRTCY1 ticket that the y had on way out here. I have set up flight notifications on EF t tell me when their is availability around their departure date. I am not sure though that the flight is upgradeable. If it is Y then I would assume that generally it will be. Any thoughts? Obviously we can call EK and check but I wouldn't mind havnig the facts to support it in advance of calling EK.

Cheers

S
It is likely to be v expensive to upgrade the one way ticket . They will have to reprice it and the increase could be quite high

Dave

simongr

Enthusiast
Thanks - I dont think the cost is a big issue - comfort for a slightly ageing set of parents is the key ;)

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Dave Noble

simongr said:
Thanks - I dont think the cost is a big issue - comfort for a slightly ageing set of parents is the key ;)
Well ok then. As long as you are not surprised if the quote isnt much less than buying the business r/t from LCA would have been

Dave

Travel Guru

Established Member
If your parents are flying on a half W half Y class fare, with most airlines, the most restrictive rules (in this case the W) apply to the entire ticket, irrespective of the rules on the least restrictive.

Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hammerhead417