Emirates Booking fare code

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by simongr, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Hi all
    My parents are visiting from Cyprus and are not looking forward to their EK economy flight home so they are thinking of upgrading using cash. The outbound flight fare code is WRTCY1. Now this was more expensive than the YRTCY1 ticket that the y had on way out here. I have set up flight notifications on EF t tell me when their is availability around their departure date. I am not sure though that the flight is upgradeable. If it is Y then I would assume that generally it will be. Any thoughts? Obviously we can call EK and check but I wouldn't mind havnig the facts to support it in advance of calling EK.

Cheers

S

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    It is likely to be v expensive to upgrade the one way ticket . They will have to reprice it and the increase could be quite high

Dave

3. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Thanks - I dont think the cost is a big issue - comfort for a slightly ageing set of parents is the key ;)

4. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Well ok then. As long as you are not surprised if the quote isnt much less than buying the business r/t from LCA would have been

Dave

5. Travel Guru

Travel Guru Established Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Brisbane, Australia
    If your parents are flying on a half W half Y class fare, with most airlines, the most restrictive rules (in this case the W) apply to the entire ticket, irrespective of the rules on the least restrictive.

Good luck with it.