EK vs QF in the BKK lounge - the difference is Moet | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

EK vs QF in the BKK lounge - the difference is Moet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timsboot

Intern
I have been doing a lot of flying out of BKK on EK in the last few months. The EK lounge is under renovation at the moment so EK passengers are being sent to the QF lounge (which is the old combined BA/QF business lounge). I thought (at first) that everything was in the same in the EK version of the QF lounge except for the uniforms worn by the staff. The food looked the same (green chicken curry, beef kebabs, prawn cake). Same selection of newspapers and magazines. Even the same wifi login. However tonight I am back on QF24 and thus back in the lounge in QF mode. When the lounge is in EK mode, the champagne is Moet e Chandon. When in QF mode, the Moet disappears but the Chandon remains. We switch from French to Australian. A subtle but amusing change. I suppose if you have hundreds of millions of dollars to save, it best to start with $25 a bottle (or so). Anyone else noticed changes in combined lounges when flights are more one airline than the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ren