Easy Bill Pay - Enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aus ATC

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Gold
Not sure that who might have asked for this (we have listened to you) - but EBP seem to be splitting the BPay and EFT capabilities across different membership "tiers". Hope that "Premium Mode" is not at a premium cost...

Dear Aus ATC,

Thank you for being a valued Easy Bill Pay customer.

We are pleased to announce the upcoming major release of Easy Bill Pay, which includes bug fixes and new features. We have listened to you.

Summary of updates

Updated Tutorials -
Updated tutorials to provide more information about how Easy Bill Pay' features work.

Enhanced Transaction History -
Improved layout with support to drill down into transactions to see more details such as surcharge amount, receipt number, impacts to the bill reserve and savings plan balances.

Transaction History Export -
Download a .csv output of your Easy Bill Pay transaction history.

Stronger ID Verification Process -
Users are required to provide details from multiple forms of ID.

Support for Multiple Tiers -
New tiers have been introduced to cater for different users.

• Explore Mode: A protected mode that does not support any financial transactions. Ideal for those who just want to explore Easy Bill Pay features. Check out different bill types. Explore Savings Plan options. View the tutorials to see how the app works.
  • Standard Mode: For people only wanting to pay BPAY bills.
  • Premium Mode: Undergo enhanced ID verification to unlock the ability to pay EFT bills, set up a savings plan and do funds transfers from your Easy Bill Pay account

Maintenance window for changes

The new release will occur during a two-hour maintenance window beginning from 11pm, Monday, 10th February 2020 and Easy Bill Pay will not be accessible during this time.

Thank you for your continued support and feedback which is helping to improve Easy Bill Pay. Please contact us using the Support link if you have any questions or issues.

Sincerely,
Easy Bill Pay

The fee increase in Oct last year from 0.8 to 1.3% killed off EBP for me....having put a 7 figure sum through it in the preceeding months! :(

Agree the 1.3% is marginal in terms of points harvesting, but at the moment it works (just) for me. Unlikely to be a long term relationship though.....

I’ve been flogging EBP with 2 accounts and still haven’t received the email. Perhaps I’m about to be banned instead of enhanced!

They never ever sent a tax invoice - glad I don't need them.

Anybody else having probs with EBP last day or 2? I just cannot get it to process bills at all yesterday or today.

Not the last 2 days, just the last 2 years. I found them unreliable and bordering on incompetent. I had a run of bad luck with ebp.

Anybody else having probs with EBP last day or 2? I just cannot get it to process bills at all yesterday or today.

Also considering the layout, functionality and speeds of YP I'd say it'd be counter productive to go with EBP. Plus using a dragon card alongside YP as well as utilising their sister brand PL for our Amex Plat can work wonders for points redemption.

The enhancement of Monday night meant I got locked out due to overuse. Do you have a New yellow bar up the top of screen? It may mean you need to verify your identity.

Steve trust me I am all over benefits of YP but you cannot make some payments through YP which you can through EBP - so monthly I still have 2 transactions I wish to process through EBP

Scr nope no change at all to screen appearance at any time - it just defaults to an ERROR msg every time I select any one of 50 odd historic Billers

I am now entrenched in an email to fro with EBP tech team - ERROR appears whether using Chrome, Firefox or Edge - Windows 10 platform

I first emailed them at 10:15 yesterday but no response within 24hrs so I called Fox Syme and gave full run down of problem to lovely lady who took the call - I requested she pass up the chain how disgraceful their service was.

I suggested she please ask one of her superiors how they would feel with 22K sitting in their account and me not being able to pay Billers - I also suggested she pass on to her superiors that bthe reason customers are fleeing EBP in droves was their disgraceful service and cheaper alternatives.

Lo and behold within 15 minutes I started to receive emails offering help - amazing huh?

Steve trust me I am all over benefits of YP but you cannot make some payments through YP which you can through EBP - so monthly I still have 2 transactions I wish to process through EBP

Scr nope no change at all to screen appearance at any time - it just defaults to an ERROR msg every time I select any one of 50 odd historic Billers

I am now entrenched in an email to fro with EBP tech team - ERROR appears whether using Chrome, Firefox or Edge - Windows 10 platform

I first emailed them at 10:15 yesterday but no response within 24hrs so I called Fox Syme and gave full run down of problem to lovely lady who took the call - I requested she pass up the chain how disgraceful their service was.

I suggested she please ask one of her superiors how they would feel with 22K sitting in their account and me not being able to pay Billers - I also suggested she pass on to her superiors that bthe reason customers are fleeing EBP in droves was their disgraceful service and cheaper alternatives.

Lo and behold within 15 minutes I started to receive emails offering help - amazing huh?

You should see if they price match, given your feedback they may be inclined to do so

Anyway both mine and +1s EBP accounts have been suspended...haven't used them since the Oct enhancement so no biggie. May consider YP but at 1.1% too expensive for me...means buying KF miles at 1.3 c per mile using StG before tax deductions.

I wonder why you weren’t banned. Our 2 accounts were closed after putting 24k per day through each.
Not sure why EBP cared as they were getting 0.8% (now 1.3%) of that!!

I had the same issues - and email exchange. I'll be logging on tomorrow. My profile has a "gold star", so I presume I will be able to use the "premium mode" which is really just what the system did previously....

Not sure why EBP cared as they were getting 0.8% (now 1.3%) of that!!

All depends what their costs are. Net return after fees, IT and admin could be bugger all.

If the reserve bank is charging 0.78% (visa) - fair guess EBP and others are paying more... then you need to add on IT and admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back