Earn Qantas FF and Asiamiles at the same time?

Discussion in 'Airline Frequent Flyer Programs' started by whatsopen, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. whatsopen

whatsopen Newbie

Jun 25, 2007
    Melbourne
    If i'm going on a Cathay flight, is it possible to earn both Frequent Flyer and Asia Miles at the same time? Can i somehow claim one from qantas, then go and claim one from asiamiles? will they even know i'm claiming for both?

2. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    No, if you claim in one program CX then flag that booking as already claimed in QFF, so you can't double dip. Otherwise we would all be members of every program and get 6 times the miles each flight.... if only :)

E

3. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    whatsopen.com.au,

Welcome to AFF.

I like your style and can only say 'we wish' :mrgreen:

4. whatsopen

whatsopen Newbie

Jun 25, 2007
    Melbourne
    awwwwwww darnit, so what's the deal, asiamiles vs QFF, what's the go? what do people reckon is better?

5. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    American Airlines AAdvantage unless you plan to fly (exclusively) a lot of premium cabin on CX and are hoping for op-ups as a high status marco polo member :)

6. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Or NOT American Airlines if you plan to fly a lot of economy in the lower fare buckets.

7. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Hmm - time to finalise that QF vs AA status/points calculator spreadsheet.... just having trouble auto-mating the status calculation so it can factor in multiple years, opening status and challenges...

8. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It really depends on the type of fares you purchase, the regularity of travel, and what you want from the program (lounge access, upgrades, award flights etc). As mentioned by other members, also consider AAdvantage in the mix. Each program has its sweet-spot and will appeal in different ways to different people.

9. Keith009

Keith009 Established Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Brisbane / Sydney
    And if you end up choosing Asia Miles - you have to enrol in Marco Polo Club for the status benefits. AM is only for award mileage accrual and redemptions.

10. number8

number8 Junior Member

Dec 8, 2004
    I recently flew a CX codeshare flight on Air China and tried to claim from Qantas, but had it rejected - is it worthwhile signing up with Asia Miles and claim miles for Cathay as I claim Cathay flights with Qantas