Duty Free

Discussion in 'General Credit Card Discussion' started by Par Avion, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. Par Avion

Par Avion Newbie

Feb 10, 2005
    Gold Coast
    Hi,

I have an upcoming trip to Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Dubai. Which of these airports would sell the cheapest duty free, namely watches, alcohol and perfume? Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
    :)
    Advertisement

2. centurionblack

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney
    You can get reasonable price in HK, Sing & Dubai on all merchandises due to the high aussie dollar with the exception of Watches, you should not try to get watches within the airport shopping enviroment as minimal discount can be offered! Try to get watches within the city area while you're in HK or Sing!

By the way, what particular brand or style you are expected?

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I have found SIN to be cheaper than HKG for alcohol and perfume. Can't comment on BKK and DXB.