DRW-SYD on QF for $102? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

DRW-SYD on QF for $102?

Flights
My Map
I'm seeing Sydney-Darwin flights advertised on the Qantas website for $102, with lots of dates available for this price. That's a genuinely good deal. Trouble is, I'm not actually seeing any fares for under $200 around the advertised dates. Am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 12.13.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 12.13.47 AM.png

snabbu

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
What dates are you seeing SYD-DRW at $102? I only see the special advertised DRW-SYD one way...
Quickly scanning the date ranges advertised for DRW-SYD I see:
25NOV to 19DEC = zero $102 fares. Cheapest $220.
7JAN - 17MAR = zero $102 fares. Cheapest $200.
19MAR - 17APR = zero $102 fares. Cheapest $200.
I too feel I'm missing something here.

Flights
My Map
What dates are you seeing SYD-DRW at $102? I only see the special advertised DRW-SYD one way...
Quickly scanning the date ranges advertised for DRW-SYD I see:
25NOV to 19DEC = zero $102 fares. Cheapest $220.
7JAN - 17MAR = zero $102 fares. Cheapest $200.
19MAR - 17APR = zero $102 fares. Cheapest $200.
Either they haven't loaded the fares yet or the promo price is wrong, or I'm missing something completely.
This is precisely my point - I'm not seeing any flights actually available for $102 either! ;)

CaptJCool

Established Member
Couldn’t find any at that price nor anything that low with JQ ($119 one way on JQ website)

Sounds like a fare error that’s not been rectified .....

snabbu

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I'm seeing Sydney-Darwin flights advertised on the Qantas website for $102, with lots of dates available for this price. That's a genuinely good deal. Trouble is, I'm not actually seeing any fares for under $200 around the advertised dates. Am I missing something?
I read your OP as you are actually seeing fares SYD-DRW (and not DRW-SYD as advertised) for $102... hence my question about exactly what dates you are seeing SYD-DRW for $102.

This is precisely my point - I'm not seeing any flights actually available for $102 either! ;)
Based on this I'm assuming your OP of SYD-DRW on special at $102 was actually meant to say DRW-SYD. :)

Flights
My Map
I read your OP as you are actually seeing fares SYD-DRW (and not DRW-SYD as advertised) for $102... hence my question about exactly what dates you are seeing SYD-DRW for $102.

Based on this I'm assuming your OP of SYD-DRW on special at $102 was actually meant to say DRW-SYD. :)
Fares are advertised as $102 in both directions!

Phillippe M

Intern
Flights
My Map
It has been like that since early Friday morning, but like everyone else, I haven't been able to find any at that price.

hossein_au

Established Member
This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode about car rentals... taking reservations is easy, you need to hold the reservation, and that is the most important part!

Qantas advertises sale prices, but actually offering seats at that price seems to be the part they are not doing so well on :)

CaptJCool

Established Member
I sense there is nonsense

None

No seats on offer at the advertised price

If it is a fare error, as people above said, you gotta be able to hold the reservation

If not, it’s the classic example touted by ACCC of bait advertising False or misleading claims

AFF on Air Podcast

• Life as a Road Warrior – AIR028
    Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:36:07 AEDT
      Ever wondered what it's like to be a road warrior, flying from Melbourne to Sydney every week or internationally multiple times each month? On this episode, AFF member "Sp ...
  • Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunadeyesw

Currently Active Users