Double the Fun [Double Velocity SCs, Book by 24 Nov, Travel by 13 Oct 2020] | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Double the Fun [Double Velocity SCs, Book by 24 Nov, Travel by 13 Oct 2020]

Saab34

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
It shouldn’t be targeted. They advertised it to all on the social platforms.

Wait for Happy Hour Thursday for any specials. I noted LAX prices have jumped
Overnight.

Maybe this will trigger QF to do a public one again? I think the last public QF one was Feb 19 but it didn't have a very long travel period - it was valid until flights taken until 31 August 2019

MooTime

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
It's a great timing for me, will book couple flights this week.
True will wait for happy hour too.
Got a real Bargain via Happy Hour Darwin $99 from MEL deal recently.

Harthagan

Anyone know if you earn status credits for the complimentary return domestic flight with the amex velocity platinum card?

Harthagan

Or likewise with the $129 gift vouchers from the virgin money card? I assume they would earn SC as it's just like an alternate payment method?

SeaWolf

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
Anyone know if you earn status credits for the complimentary return domestic flight with the amex velocity platinum card?
No, you don't.
Or likewise with the $129 gift vouchers from the virgin money card? I assume they would earn SC as it's just like an alternate payment method?
Yes, you do.

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Had been talking about going to MEL with the family in January to have 10 days holiday with friends. It's now on!

Everybody registered and time to book the airfares, using a discount code and family pooling to me. 240 SC's towards Plat re-qual. Yeah baby :D

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
As long as the flight number starts with VA , one can get the double status credits. There is no restriction on how you book the tickets. Happy to be corrected as it worked for me in past as well.
The flight/s also has to be operated by Virgin Australia. But yes, no restrictions on the booking channel :)

wendlle

Intern
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
I'm so happy! I was just asking this question around a week ago. Now I will 100% get back to Gold, and won't need to book an Elevate Fare, to do it.
We should get to Gold after our outbound flight, is there a lounge at Gold Coast? Never been there before and will be for our return flight.

MooTime

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
I'm so happy! I was just asking this question around a week ago. Now I will 100% get back to Gold, and won't need to book an Elevate Fare, to do it.
We should get to Gold after our outbound flight, is there a lounge at Gold Coast? Never been there before and will be for our return flight.
Sure it's, cosy little lounge at GC. Was there few months ago, practically empty. Didn't go in peak business hours though.

stig_aus

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
We should get to Gold after our outbound flight, is there a lounge at Gold Coast?
Depending on how long you are there for it’s unlikely your Gold upgrade will be processed before you fly out.

Nathant123

I’m guessing multistops earn bonus credits for each leg? Found some decent fares from Sydney to Auckland via Brisbane and Melbourne which are very tempting.

Matt_01

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Well that is WP locked in for another year and thanks to the promo code thread discount J prices were just above the freedom fare (flex Y) which I would normally book. Now time for a double or triple points offer.

vetadam

Is there a quick/easy way to search for flights via SCs earned on certain dates rather than to specific destinations? Or is a TA the best approach for this?
I'm looking for a 120 SC run (doubled to 240 SC with this offer) one weekend in December, ex SYD.

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Why go to a TA who is unlikely to understad the nuances of a FF. You have all the help you need right here. Somebody may kindly give you some ideas...people cleverer than me :eek:. C'mon members, ideas please for @vetadam

Reactions: Ade

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Had been talking about going to MEL with the family in January to have 10 days holiday with friends. It's now on!

Everybody registered and time to book the airfares, using a discount code and family pooling to me. 240 SC's towards Plat re-qual. Yeah baby :D
Bookings made. $420 each return for mix of Elevate outbound and Getaway inbound. $1,681 for 3 adults and child @ 240 SC's ($7 per SC) - if I have calculated correctly. Terrible rate, but cest la vie.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zora.bunoza