Double membership tier upgrade question

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by funkyr, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. funkyr

funkyr Intern

Mar 18, 2009
    Melbourne
    Dear all,

I am on 760 status credits with 3 QF flights so am a Bronze. I recently did 2x long haul QF/EK code share business flights (FCO-DXB, DXB-MEL) that will take me to Gold.

Very petty question but I was wondering will I get an upgrade to silver first (based on the first leg FXO-DXB) and then to gold (DXB-MEL which was on a seperate flight number)?

Thanks

2. kelvedon

kelvedon Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I would presume you'd go straight to gold. Hopefully your QF/EK code share flights were sold with a QF flight number.

3. Himeno

Himeno Established Member

Jun 15, 2011
    In 2010, I went from Bronze to Platinum in a single trip with Bronze-Silver and Silver-Gold from flights 2 days apart. When I got home from that trip, I had both Silver and Gold membership packs waiting for me.

4. Sprucegoose

Sprucegoose Senior Member

Aug 20, 2003
    SE Aust
    Good problem to have !!

5. funkyr

funkyr Intern

Mar 18, 2009
    Melbourne
    So I checked my account history. I was awarded bonus QFF points for the 2nd leg (the one that I would have been Gold for).