Domestic On Departure Upgrade Rewards

Rusty776

Hi All

Bronze Q Club member with a question re: Domestic On Departure Upgrade Rewards. It says via the QF website
that Platinum One, Platinum, Gold and Qantas Club members with a paid and confirmed ticket can request a Domestic On Departure Upgrade Reward at Australian domestic Qantas Club lounges.

My ticket was paid for via an AMEX travel credit. Will this be eligible for an upgrade at the airport?

sudoer

Established Member
Solutions
Hi All

Bronze Q Club member with a question re: Domestic On Departure Upgrade Rewards. It says via the QF website
that Platinum One, Platinum, Gold and Qantas Club members with a paid and confirmed ticket can request a Domestic On Departure Upgrade Reward at Australian domestic Qantas Club lounges.

My ticket was paid for via an AMEX travel credit. Will this be eligible for an upgrade at the airport?

Yes. You can request an ODU from the self serve kiosks at bag drop.

Contrary to the text you've found on the Qantas website, it's also possible to request an ODU on a classic award - it doesn't need to be a paid ticket.

Rusty776

Yes. You can request an ODU from the self serve kiosks at bag drop.

Contrary to the text you've found on the Qantas website, it's also possible to request an ODU on a classic award - it doesn't need to be a paid ticket.
Thanks sudoer for this info. I forgot to mention in my original post that I have requested an upgrade via the bookings page on the QF website but it didn't automatically process like it has in the past.

If I don't receive a text 24 hours before the flight is there any point asking for an upgrade at the bag drop?

Combining a phone charger and phone holder our Magnetic Wireless Car Phone Charger quickly charges your phone while driving without tangled cords!

Suitable for car dashboard air vent installation, our wireless phone charger makes phone calls and GPS navigation easier more convenient.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

sudoer

Established Member
Solutions
I forgot to mention in my original post that I have requested an upgrade via the bookings page on the QF website but it didn't automatically process like it has in the past.

If I don't receive a text 24 hours before the flight is there any point asking for an upgrade at the bag drop?

Yes, even as a WP I have this happen occasionally - classic upgrade request doesn't come through, but the kiosk at the airport then says yes. The points cost is the same but ODUs do not have catering assured.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deepak Palakurthi

Currently Active Users