Domestic In-Flight Movies

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Ikara, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Ikara

Ikara Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Adelaide
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I did Adelaide - Perth (QF593) this morning and was watching the in-flight movie - "The Queen". Most enjoyable movie, however, please tell me I'm paranoid. I could swear that the word "God" was removed from the sound track on atleast three occassions. The first time caught my attention and the next two were just so obvious (to me , anyway).

Anyhoo, someone please tell me that I'm paranoid and we're not seeing some sort of in-flight censorship.

As an aside, I don't think we landed in Perth, I think we were shot down. A bit of wind at the last moment and a big thump! One of the worst I've had for a long time.

JB

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I've seen reports of NZ and AA having similarly censored versions of The Queen. Who knows how many airlines ended up with that version.

3. Altair

Altair Active Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Wellington
  4. Ikara

Ikara Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Adelaide
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Many thanks for the feedback.

I'm not paranoid and I'm not going senile (although my daughters would argue the later!)

JB

5. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    My daughters KNOW that I'm going senile and I KNOW that they're wrong. :oops:

6. codash1099

codash1099 Established Member

Aug 2, 2006
    PER
    If you think you're not senile, then you probably are. But it's only a state of mind! :idea:

7. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Remind me. What were we talking about :?:

8. Ikara

Ikara Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Adelaide
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I think I started this thread or was it "Mrs Quinn"? Any way, I've checked with my daughters and my medication is ready. Or as my darling wife says "Aren't you supposed to be at the airport to catch a plane?"

Thanks for the fun folks!

JB

9. chrisb

chrisb Active Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Perth