Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Domestic economy to business

Status
Not open for further replies.

datal1

Hey,

Just after some advice on best way to approch this.

I'm flying return MEL to BNE. I'd like to buy an economy ticket then use points to upgrade to business. If I buy a Red e-deal then it'll be 15,000 points each way but if I buy a flexi saver then it'll be 7500 points each way, from my understanding.

I don't want to buy a flexi saver however if I can't then upgrade with points. What can I do to check or know if I can actually use the points to upgrade, before buying the ticket? If there is a chance that I can't upgrade then I may as well just pay less for the Red e-deal since I don't actually need to have a flexi ticket, I just rather pay a little more for the ticket so that it doesn't use as many points up, and will also allow me to earn slightly more points from the legs

Thanks in advance

mannej

As a general rule you are looking for U availability. If there is you should be able to upgrade

opusman

To clarify mannej's comment, you can use the online booking engine to see if there are award seats in business available on the flight you want. If so then a purchased economy flight should be able to be upgraded online as soon as it has ticketed.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

datal1

Thanks guys makes sense to me. Will give that a shot. I've had a play with expertflyer but it only helps show me seat availability and what is blocked or sold, rather than the fare bucket availability (i'm on a basic subscription)

muppet

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Thanks guys makes sense to me. Will give that a shot. I've had a play with expertflyer but it only helps show me seat availability and what is blocked or sold, rather than the fare bucket availability (i'm on a basic subscription)
Just post your flight/s and dates. Someone who's paid expertflyer is usually very willing to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slav_54