Does Westpac offer pro-rata refunds of credit card cancellations?

Daver6

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Specifically the Platinum Altitude Qantas card. Sign up points have posted and time to get rid of the card. Does anyone know if you call up whether you can get a pro-rata refund on the annual fee? OR perhaps automatically applied if you cancel online?

in-store I was told no, the fee is payable end of the first monthly cycle and non-refundable... YMMV.... equally, can you share how long it took for your points to post?

cheers mate, I'll have to give them a call -- I spent the required sum within the first fortnight and it's been 2 statement cycles since ~60 days
How long did they end up taking to come through and did you notice if they came within the middle of a statement cycle or during the statement?

I am almost at the 12 week mark.... very frustrating not being able to cancel. I suspect this is done deliberately.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back