Does Citibank systematically rob you of points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colin_gd

Citibank has changed my credit card 4 times in 4 years now - because it was "exposed to a security issue". I was spending $120k per year on that card.

Each time they failed to move my points to the new card.

Finally I kicked up a stink as the useless drones on the phone never fixed the problem and they "investigated my complaint".

End result - their policy is to only go back 6 months to reinstate points so I lose 250,000 points legitimately earned on purchases.

Is this an easy way for them to create a way for points to be dropped off and forgotten?

So watch out as Citibank will take points from you and put up as many obstacles as they can in your attempts to recover them.

Its not over yet... I have changed cards and will now systematically generate as much bad press for them as i can. Maybe I should chain myself to their front door and call ACA????

I would have kicked up a stink the first time it happened, not the fourth :)

I thinks its time for you to take a stand and say that if you dont get them points back you will close the account, if you spend 125k per year on the CC, I think they will bend for you...... heres hopeing.

Hardly surprising to see a bank name used in the same sentence as the words "systematically" and "rob".

The they sit around a table and say "But those points were free..therefore the customer shouldn't care"

How out of touch they are!

My single experience of Citibank moving cards dues to a "security issue" was that the points were not effected by the change. Not sure why yours would have been such a problem.

I think it was 2 year ago, Citibank gave me free 12,500 points in exchange of reactivation of my Citi GoldVisa card. Upon reactivation of the card I use the points immediately.

Call them again and follow up your points. I'm just wondering how come you got the same problem with them for the fourth time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back