Does ANZ do extra points for international transactions?

Discussion in 'ANZ Credit Card Rewards' started by beardoc, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Due to inactivity, this thread is no longer open for new posts. You can still join the conversation by posting to an open thread or starting a new one. Alternatively, please contact a Moderator if you have new information you wish to be added to this thread.
  1. Claim your free gift valued at $39.95 when you take the Australian Frequent Flyer's quick user survey. More...

1. beardoc

beardoc Established Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Sydney, NSW
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I had one of the old QANTAS Telstra Visa Cards and ANZ used to offer 1 point per dollar but when they increased the international currency conversion fees from 0.5% to 1.5% they offered 2 points per AUD$ for international transactions.

I'm assuming now with an ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa those benefits are gone - I can't find anything about it on the ANZ website.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Was this benefit removed? I remember I used to put a lot of international transactions through my QTV card and amassed a lot of points this way.

2. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    2 for 1 was abolished in late 2004 for ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Card.

Timing was perfect - happened just before I went on a long overseas trip.

3. beardoc

beardoc Established Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Sydney, NSW
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Ah, thank you. I'll use my AMEX instead, then.

A pity - I did amass a lot of bonus points on the 2 points for 1 AUD international currency conversions back around 2002.