DJ amex card > Amex plat charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

joon8887

Hi guys
I already have plat charge card. But, I also want to apply for DJ amex (black) card for supermarket and petrol station earnings.

My understanding is that DJ amex will get me 3:1 MR points at supermarkets therefore getting 1.5 airline points per dollar.

Is this right? So at least supermarket and petrol spending you will get more points with DJ amex than Plat charge?

Will you also be eligible for bonus points with DJ amex when holding plat charge card?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
You are correct regarding the 3pts per $ at supermarkets and petrol stations.

Also current experience is that you are also eligible for the bonus points despite holding the platinum card. For whatever reason, DJs Amex falls outside the “can’t hold any other Amex” clause. MrsNoName opened and closed the Explorer card early this year and has now opened a DJs card in the last few weeks. She received bonus points for both.

Last edited:
If you're just after the supermarket and petrol bonus points, also consider that the Platinum Edge has the same earn rate but at a lower annual fee than the DJ Plat, and with a travel credit every year to offset the fee. But you wouldn't get the sign-up bonus on the Edge as an existing cardholder, whereas the DJ card does allow other Amex cardholders to get the bonus.

If you're just after the supermarket and petrol bonus points, also consider that the Platinum Edge has the same earn rate but at a lower annual fee than the DJ Plat, and with a travel credit every year to offset the fee. But you wouldn't get the sign-up bonus on the Edge as an existing cardholder, whereas the DJ card does allow other Amex cardholders to get the bonus.
$99 AF for DJ Amex (black)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back