Diners points redeemed for AA

Discussion in 'American Airlines AAdvantage' started by simongr, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Just a quick one. I have an Oz Diners card which I believed redeemed AA points on a 2:1 ratio. I just converted 20K points to AA and was very surprised to see 20K points appear on AA... I am waiting for the adjustment shortly :)

2. flyingzzzds

flyingzzzds Intern

Aug 3, 2006
    Sunshine Coast, QLD
    Twitter:
    I generally move Diners points to SPG at 2:1, save up 20K and then transfer to AA points to get a 5k bonus. Last week however the diners points transferred to SPG 1:1. Bonus - meant I could transfer through to AA straight away (which I have already done;) ).

Will let you know if they post ok to AA account.

3. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I wonder if AA had a similar promotion last week - migth explain why 1:1 happened - time to cancel the diners card now though finally

4. flyingzzzds

flyingzzzds Intern

Aug 3, 2006
    Sunshine Coast, QLD
    Twitter:
    Just an update, the points I tranferred from Diners to SPG, I have now successfully transferred to my AA account. So, this meant 20k Diners points: 20k SPG:25K AA Miles. Wish this was always the case ;)

Now if I can just get HKG-LAX on CX to open up I can actually use some of these miles.

5. kpc

kpc Senior Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Sydney
    Did you do the transfer online or over the phone?
    thanks

6. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I think its time to clear my Diners account while they are going at 1:1 :cool:

7. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I am quite pleased as I had tried to move them to QFF but it didnt work (I tried to move it twice as the points didnt post first time) so phoned and moved them. I have now just cancelled my Diners card finally :( Seven years of usage...

8. flyingzzzds

flyingzzzds Intern

Aug 3, 2006
    Sunshine Coast, QLD
    Twitter:
    #8 flyingzzzds, Feb 21, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
    I transferred online. You need to do your first transfer via the telephone and then your account will be set up so that you can do future tranfers via the net.

9. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    Did you mean "by phone/off line"?

10. kpc

kpc Senior Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Sydney
    OK...I have transferred (nearly) all of my DC points to Starwood. Let's see whether I get the standard 2:1 ratio or the 1:1 ratio;)
    Will let you know.

11. flyingzzzds

flyingzzzds Intern

Aug 3, 2006
    Sunshine Coast, QLD
    Twitter:
    Yep - Having a "blonde" day :D I have edited my previous post to avoid confusion.

12. drron

drron Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2002
    Sunshine Coast
    No need to register by phone for transfer of AA points-you do forQFF,NZ and Krisflyer.I have not registered and have transferred online to AA several times.

13. flyingzzzds

flyingzzzds Intern

Aug 3, 2006
    Sunshine Coast, QLD
    Twitter:
    I should have been more specific here - I meant that you have to register over the phone for your first transfer from Diners Club Card to SPG. Then future transfers can be done over the net.

Transfers from SPG to AA can always be done online.

14. kpc

kpc Senior Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Sydney
    ...only got get the standard 2:1 ratio unfortunately:(Oh well, was worth a try;)