Diner's Club Lounge Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

plop11

Just recently changed firms and got my corporate card - which is a DC. Have noticed that DC offer quite substantial airport lounge access in the Asia regions. Does anyone have any comments or feedback on this 'perk' of holding a DC card?

I have a DC card have used the lounges in Dubai and some in Europe (some have been removed now) have found the quite ok. Diners Club dont run the specific lounge instead they contract out to different Airlines/companys to provide access. Somewhere to escape the crowds is always a good thing, especially when for free.

I used DC in Auckland years ago. (Think its gone now) service was great - no limit to number of guests then. It was swipe your card access. Great to use where there is no QP or you're on another airline etc.

Last edited:
thx for the replies!

i asked around, and my colleagues seem to all be abit oblivious to the fact that there is even lounge access on our corporate card!

will come in handy for the travels in the holidays.

Countries

Austria
Bahrain
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Croatia
Czech Republic
Denmark
Ecuador
India
Japan
Kenya
Kuwait
Macedonia
Netherlands
People's Republic of China
Philippines
Russian Federation
Saudi Arabia
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan R.O.C.
United Arab Emirates
United States USA

Cities

Abu Dhabi
Akita
Amsterdam
Antofagasta
Aomori
Calama
Cape Town
Chennai
Concepción
Copenhagen
Delhi
Dubai
Durban
Fukuoka
Geneva
Hakodate
Hiroshima
Hong Kong
Iquique
Itami
Jeddah
Johannesburg
Kagoshima
Kita-Kyusyu
Komatsu
Kumamoto
Kuwait
Ljubljana
Madrid
Manila
Matsuyama
Miami
Moscow
Muharraq
Nagoya
Nairobi
Narita
Newark
Niigata
Okanayama
Okinawa
Osaka
Port Elizabeth
Prague
Puerto Montt
Punta Arenas
Quito
Recife
Rio de Janeiro
Santa Fe de Bogota
Santiago
São Paulo
Sapporo
Sendai
Sharjah
Skopje
St. Petersburg
Stockholm
Taipei
Takamatsu
Tokushima
Tokyo
Toyama
Vienna
Yamaguchi-Ube
Yonago
Zagreb
Zurich

Something for nothing (since it is your work card) is always good although the lounge access from Diners is far weaker than the access provided by Amex (for non AU issued cards) or from Priority Pass, or from QF membership, or pretty much any other way you would get lounge access. Diners should really just give up and bundle Priority Pass with their cards rather than trying to maintain such a fragmented, tiny, lounge network.

I love the fact that they list USA but then it turns out it is 2 cities (Miami & Newark). There are also weird things like Tokyo is Haneda airport only, nothing in Narita.

Still - it is a free benefit of something you get from work - just don't expect too much.

(On a side note, my last Australian employer issued Diners Club for work - never understood why, since its acceptance is worse than any other international card - although maybe that was their idea, limit spending by limiting acceptance).

Still - it is a free benefit of something you get from work - just don't expect too much.

(On a side note, my last Australian employer issued Diners Club for work - never understood why, since its acceptance is worse than any other international card - although maybe that was their idea, limit spending by limiting acceptance).

haha pretty much spot on about the limited spending. stops frivilous spending charged back on as business expenditure.

yeah, not expecting anything like extravagent lounges, since a DC card is quite attainable by anyone. but, having the comfort of knowing there may be some lounge access whilst travelling is good to know.

Something for nothing (since it is your work card) is always good although the lounge access from Diners is far weaker than the access provided by Amex (for non AU issued cards)

Assuming I can get an amex issued outside of AU, where can i then get lounge access? please!

Cheers Tony

Have just travelled through UIO.Despite the fact that LAN,IB and AA use this airport there is no OW lounge.So it was good to be able to use the DC to get into the one lounge.Cardholders only but fortunately mrsdrron has a supplementary card.

Amex platinum charge card gives you free priority pass membership. Slightly better than the DC access...

Cardholders only but fortunately mrsdrron has a supplementary card.

I've used Dubai a couple of times, good spot. Mr SIA1A accompanied me once - he doesn't have a Diners but the lounge lets accompanied guests in for 45 dirhams (I suspect they in fact let in anyone, for a fee).

I hoping to get an Australian ANZ issued DC without the rewards program for $24 and was wondering if I will have any problems accessing the Servisair Lounge in Stansted Airport -- Stansted, United Kingdom ? Has anyone ever used this lounge? Is it unmanned and you simply swipe your Diners Card to operate the door or is it manned and they swipe your card or you simply show it?
Is there diners club card $0 annual fee offers on the market still?

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I was unable to find this question answered.

I have a corporate DC card issued in Australia but have opted out of the rewards program. I see that DC have a whole list of airport lounges on their website which they say you can use as a DC cardholder. Are the lounges free to use for all DC cardholders, or only for those with the rewards feature? Does it matter that my DC card is not a personal card but a corporate card?

Thanks in advance

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I was unable to find this question answered.

I have a corporate DC card issued in Australia but have opted out of the rewards program. I see that DC have a whole list of airport lounges on their website which they say you can use as a DC cardholder. Are the lounges free to use for all DC cardholders, or only for those with the rewards feature? Does it matter that my DC card is not a personal card but a corporate card?

Thanks in advance
Hi bazza,

Welcome to AFF. :D

I thought the ADF were the only ones who used DC these days.

I got rid of my DC so long ago that I cannot offer you the answer. Maybe the best answer is to ask DC themselves and/or the lounges you wish to visit.

S Are the lounges free to use for all DC cardholders, or only for those with the rewards feature? Does it matter that my DC card is not a personal card but a corporate card?

The lounges are available to all DC cardholders, as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back