Question - Diners Club application processing time | Page 2 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Question Diners Club application processing time

ajd

Flights
My Map
Overnight got an email telling me that I am now enrolled in electronic statements.

I suppose that means I'm approved...

DannyDanny97

Called up today and I had a very rude lady that told me that I was lying that I spoke to the applications team because the applications team doesn't have a phone number. And told me I had to post my application not email.

Also wouldn't help me if I didn't have an application number.

Hung up and called again and got a nice guy who even gave me the direct number to applications team. Diners club has such hopeless customer service. TBH only here for lounge access or should I spend more money and get PP?

ajd

Flights
My Map
Called up today and I had a very rude lady that told me that I was lying that I spoke to the applications team because the applications team doesn't have a phone number. And told me I had to post my application not email.

Also wouldn't help me if I didn't have an application number.

Hung up and called again and got a nice guy who even gave me the direct number to applications team. Diners club has such hopeless customer service. TBH only here for lounge access or should I spend more money and get PP?
You're not looking at this through the right lens. The harder the card is to obtain, the sweeter the reward when you finally get there, and the longer the story you can tell over dinner at AFF meetups.

ajd

Flights
My Map
Well, guess what I found in the mail today? A card wrapped in an Express Post envelope, presumably because the CSA I spoke to on 2 days ago noted that I'm flying out tomorrow.

Persistence pays off, it seems. Now to check out the lounges at several airports in Europe...

Bell21

Well, guess what I found in the mail today? A card wrapped in an Express Post envelope, presumably because the CSA I spoke to on 2 days ago noted that I'm flying out tomorrow.

Persistence pays off, it seems. Now to check out the lounges at several airports in Europe...
Well done @ajd. - enjoy those lounges

sergej77

Its been a completet disaster with Diners Club application.

I have decided to take it as i have planned overseas travel in 2 months with long waiting time at the airports.
Applied by emailing form for Qantas Card. After 2 weeks they asked for supportive documents wich were sent immediately. After another 2 weeks, got a call from them. Guy from India was checking my payslips and found that my salary is not high enough.
Well I am shift worker with late afternoon and weekend penalties, which they did not consider. Even with all the payslip showing income of more then 75 000, they said that base rate x 38 hours x 52weeks is not enough. I could not explain that i do not work 9-5 at all, but seems that he was not interested in my explanations.

Another lady in call centre advised me to apply for Personal Diners Card, which is slightly more expensive but require much less income. I've asked them to use all my previous application form and documents to speed up a process, but she said - it must be a brand new application.

I have sent them again all the application form and documents. Calling every 2 days asking to speed up a process, but nothing is happening.
After 2 weeks they are still only considering my application. Every call centre assistant promising me to put a note to speed it up :)

I will have to go in 10 days, but probably it will not make it (if Im approved of course :) ).

Shocking experience. Looks like this organisation is stuck somewhere in 1970s. How do they still exist and compete with Amex and others?

Bell21

Yep, so far, although without chasing, they've taken 7 weeks and counting for an additional card application...

ajd

Flights
My Map
Its been a completet disaster with Diners Club application.
The key to enjoying Diners Club is low expectations - lower than you thought possible!

Shocking experience. Looks like this organisation is stuck somewhere in 1970s. How do they still exist and compete with Amex and others?
I suspect they only survive because of existing customers + a few big corporate contracts. (+ the Citi companion cards business, for which still having the DC network is useful)

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaybeMonday