Diners and Paypal

unfunkable

Hi
Does anybody with Diners know if they have fixed the issue, where it is charged in USD ( and hence 3% transaction fee added?)
I found the old thread, but it was closed, so I can't post in it
cheers

Diners does not appear to be interested to do this.

It really annoys me as I would use the card a lot more if they did. Many places now take PayPal but I end up using an Amex usually due to this flaw, get your act together Diners!!

This is an older thread, but I was curious whether anyone knows if B2Bpay processes DC payments in AUD or USD? I'm assuming it's likely to be AUD,, but given earlier comments in this thread re Paypal and Diners, it made me wonder...

Has anyone else tried to use PayPal with their Diners card recently??

I did another couple of tests recently and it seems like it's not going through as USD like it used to then convert to AUD, well it's not showed up on my account yet?

Maybe we have a new use for a Diners card with more and more place taking PayPal for payment

Has anyone else tried to use PayPal with their Diners card recently??

I did another couple of tests recently and it seems like it's not going through as USD like it used to then convert to AUD, well it's not showed up on my account yet?

Maybe we have a new use for a Diners card with more and more place taking PayPal for payment

Hmmm... I still can't add it to the Paypal wallet. It's the linked Diners from Citi, not the true Diners.

Does the "true" Diners work with PayPal? I'm happy to be running everything through Amex but makes Diners/MC combo relevant for those of us who want to administer only one account.

Does the "true" Diners work with PayPal? I'm happy to be running everything through Amex but makes Diners/MC combo relevant for those of us who want to administer only one account.
I have the true Diners card with additional MC, I have put through 3 transactions on PayPal using the diners card, some are 2 weeks old now, all 3 are showing fine with no exchange rate/foreign transaction fee etc like they used to

I have the true Diners card with additional MC, I have put through 3 transactions on PayPal using the diners card, some are 2 weeks old now, all 3 are showing fine with no exchange rate/foreign transaction fee etc like they used to
If it stays this way i'll be deleting the MC from the account and running everything through the Diners card, the number of places taking PayPal now is increasing all the time

I was going to anyway, but it's time to reassess the points earn in the new post covid world

If it stays this way i'll be deleting the MC from the account and running everything through the Diners card, the number of places taking PayPal now is increasing all the time

I was going to anyway, but it's time to reassess the points earn in the new post covid world

Still no exchange rate showing, so it looks like Diners have sorted the PayPal problem, maybe Citi got their act together and now PayPal transactions actually go through as AUD instead of USD

Used it quite a lot since I recently tested it and nothing showing

Now just need to work out what to do with the 450,000 points I currently have

Thanks @FromThe Rail - I missed this, although I really only had the Diners so I could earn VFF points when they had the KFF transfer option - I can't see why someone would keep a Diners now from a points earning perspective? They do have some different transfer partners to AMEX rewards and at comparable transfer rates, so I assume it would be if someone valued being able to transfer to KLM, Smile miles etc?

Can finally add the citi visa linked diners card to my paypal. Now i'm waiting for the two small charges to activate higher spending.

I added Dinners today and made it preferred but on attempting to pay for item via PayPal.... it only gave me the option of one of 4 credit cards in PAYPAL account? Not Diners? Would not let me change cards in PAYPAL to pay?

Edit: Now it seems it took it from my Bank account via PAYPAL...... not even a credit card linked to PayPal?????

Edit: Rang PayPal and said ring merchant.
Merchant said bank account via PayPal only option 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I added Dinners today and made it preferred but on attempting to pay for item via PayPal.... it only gave me the option of one of 4 credit cards in PAYPAL account? Not Diners? Would not let me change cards in PAYPAL to pay?

Edit: Now it seems it took it from my Bank account via PAYPAL...... not even a credit card linked to PayPal?????

Edit: Rang PayPal and said ring merchant.
Merchant said bank account via PayPal only option 🤦‍♂️
I had this same problem and was given the same advice by PayPal, which wasn’t correct as I’ve paid the same merchant many times by PayPal using credit card.

After removing the Diners card from my PayPal wallet, everything started working normally again and all the other cards became visible when making payments.

so.. it didn’t work for me properly and I ended up deleting it.

I can attest to this same nightmare of an experience after adding Diners to my paypal.

The two small charges that is required to activate higher spending never got charged to the card properly so it appears its not fully working yet.

Regrettable had to remove Diners as i'm now getting the insufficient funds error when using paypal at many merchants.

It's been fine with mine, have Diners as the preferred card and the Mastercard as a secondary, no other cards and it works fine, might even take the Mastercard off now as i'm never using it

Seems like adding Diners is hit and miss when it comes to adding it to Paypal. The US version of their website says they accept Paypal, but not the Australian version. This is for the citi version btw.

How do people find Diners acceptance in Australia these days? I don't see the signs around much so not sure if people take it or not.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back