Different point structure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolpetcat

Hi Guys,

Is it only me or some other people have the same issue? For the past few months, my earning rate stays at 1.5 point per dollar spent. I've raised this issue previously but looks like Amex just wish to put me on the "exclusion" list.

I'm a salary man so I dont have huge ATO payments to pay, I spent most of my money on travel and dinning for the past few months so the new point structure (3-2-1) may works better for me.

However, no matter how many times I called Amex and for million times they've promised they will fix the issue within 2 weeks, nothing happens for the past 3 months!! Eventually I will have to manually calculate how much points I've missed out and ask for a nice $1000 compensation for the time I've "wasted" on their mistake.

But just want to get a rough idea if someone has the same "problem".

Cheers,

I am worse off. from Oct 2012 they set my points earning to 1pt per dollar for ALL transactions. I ve mentioned it to them repeatedly to have the problem fixed but everytime the same response "we promise we will follow it up" last phone call they offered a 2000 bonus points...... pathetic considering the time i spent calling them repeatedly on the phone...

Hi Guys,

Is it only me or some other people have the same issue? For the past few months, my earning rate stays at 1.5 point per dollar spent. I've raised this issue previously but looks like Amex just wish to put me on the "exclusion" list.

I'm a salary man so I dont have huge ATO payments to pay, I spent most of my money on travel and dinning for the past few months so the new point structure (3-2-1) may works better for me.

However, no matter how many times I called Amex and for million times they've promised they will fix the issue within 2 weeks, nothing happens for the past 3 months!! Eventually I will have to manually calculate how much points I've missed out and ask for a nice $1000 compensation for the time I've "wasted" on their mistake.

But just want to get a rough idea if someone has the same "problem".

Cheers,

Keep ringing them but I would also send an e mail to a person and not just a general e mail address and see how that goes.

I would highly doubt you would get actual dollars back as compensation.

You might get some bonus points which is not cash but you can cash it in so there can be a good dollar value that way.

I've tried so many times and spoke to a number of people across a number of department, each has promised a 10 working day maximum turnaround time. I'm started to lose my patient on their "mistake". I guess a letter to the ombudsman will give them some pressure to fix the problem as well as the compensation (I've been compensated before on an different issue).

In the end of the day, I wont lose the points I entitled to, but it's annoying to keep track.

Keep ringing them but I would also send an e mail to a person and not just a general e mail address and see how that goes.

I would highly doubt you would get actual dollars back as compensation.

You might get some bonus points which is not cash but you can cash it in so there can be a good dollar value that way.

Do you have a co branded ( association branded) Amex? Mine is still 1.5 per dollar and I am quite happy about it. I received no notification from Amex when the changes came thru so until they tell me otherwise I expect to get 1.5per dollar

Last edited:
Not really, mine is plat charge, standard issue...

Do you have a co branded ( association branded) Amex? Mine is still 1.5 per dollar and I am quite happy about it. I received no notification from Amex when the changes came thru so until they tell me otherwise I expect to get 1.5per dollar

I signed up for the Amex Plat charge card just before they announced the point earn system was changing.

I got a letter stating I would get the old point earn rate until Feb 13th.

So I was getting 1.5 points per $ up until last week, even on ATO spend.

I much preferred the old point earn and now will be looking to cancel the card before the annual fee is due.

I've always found Amex good at resolving point issues. Their "Marketing Escalations Team" usually the get it fixed pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back