Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Delta site flaw lets passengers access others' boarding passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashback

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
Delta site flaw lets passengers access others' boarding passes - Security - News - iTnews.com.au

Online check-in system vulnerability discovered.

A vulnerability in the website of American airline Delta allowed the airline's passengers to view and alter other travellers' boarding passes without their knowledge.

Hackers of New York founder Dani Grant this week revealed what appears to be a direct object reference vulnerability in Delta airline's website that allows passengers of the airline to access others' boarding passes by changing the URL.

The flaw also made it possible to view boarding passes of travellers on other airlines, Grant claimed, and to check in passengers online.

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

JohnK

Veteran Member
How do they access boarding passes for passengers of other airlines?

eastwest101

Established Member
Flights
My Map
How do they access boarding passes for passengers of other airlines?
Either a velnerability with Sabre (AA and DL both use Sabre) or maybe something to do with code shares? From what I read in another article it was a pretty primitive but obvious hole. Maybe so obvious that it escaped attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carsonjohn404