Deal on Plat CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

davem

Hi All,

I'm looking to upgrade to the platinum CC.

I currently hold a corporate card plus a Gold CC (fee free for life), and have been a customer for about 2 years.

Just wondering if any promotions come up for the platinum card from time to time, or if its possible to get a reduced fee for a year as an incentive to join.

Please let me know if you have had any experiences.

Thanks

Regards,

David

I'm guessing your gold card is through an association? AMA etc. If so, you should be able to get the plat Credit C for $295 instead of $395/pa ..

$295 seems to be the best rate. Includes a return economy airfare or one night hotel stay.

It was my undersanding that the Amex Plat card does not allow you to transfer points to the QF program, unless you have a QF card such as the QF Ulimate/Premiun card that are directly linked to QF. Then again, there are many other programs Amex allow you to transfer points into rather than QF.

It was my undersanding that the Amex Plat card does not allow you to transfer points to the QF program, unless you have a QF card such as the QF Ulimate/Premiun card that are directly linked to QF. Then again, there are many other programs Amex allow you to transfer points into rather than QF.

Or if you have a Rewards Adv, Plat or Cent card, then your spend on the plat cc will go into Ascent Premium

I have one, and I get 1.25 points per $ on the Qantas Direct program. Used to be 1.5 ... if I use MR, then I'll get 1.5 for the other carriers.

Thanks everyone, I'll ring them up and try for half price or 295.

I'll report back with my results.

Last edited:
No luck :(

$395 is the only fee they can do.

Any associations that have a lax joining criteria?

No luck :(

$395 is the only fee they can do.

Any associations that have a lax joining criteria?

So you can save $100 a year? I doubt any would have an annual fee less than this amount. I think I pay over $1000 for my association. Still, worth knowing if there are any out there that can help you.

I'm a member of Engineer's Australia and have had countless Platinum offers thrown at me. Here's some numbers comparing points earned on Gold and on the new Platinum.

Gold 1/1$ for the first $10k then 1.5/$1 up to $100K.
Platinum 1.25/$ to $100k

I use my card for work so the $10k is spent pretty quickly. The number of points earned is higher on the Gold than the platinum for the first $100k spent (145k vs 125k) so why would I change?

On top of that the Gold card is fee free.

Another point against platinum for mine is that a few people I know have had hassles booking flights through the program so I think I'll stick to the Gold Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back