Day trip to Uluru

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by Chucksta, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Chucksta

Chucksta Active Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Australia
    Is there any way to do a day trip to Ayers Rock (Uluru)?

I am trying to plan a trip from Perth, but the arrival and departure times are too close. I don't mind transiting another city on the way back.

Any ideas?

Also, do you earn SC on Qantas Link? Do you get GOLD priveleges?

thanks

Chucksta

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I don't think that there is a sensible way of doing a day trip there and actually being able to see anything

Travel on Qantaslink for benefits et al is exactly the same as for normal mainline qantas

Dave

3. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Travelling back to Syd from LA a few years ago I sat next to a NY based travel agent who told me that she planned on doing a day trip to Uluru from Sydney in a hire car, needless to say I managed to talk her out of that possibility.

4. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    No. At some times of the year there are a couple of flights from SYD and you'd get a couple of hours there by taking the first one out and the second one back, but not really long enough to see much. Plan for an overnight stay.

5. justinbrett

justinbrett Active Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Sydney
    It's possible - you could fly to Alice and charter a light aircraft.

Expensive - but possible.

6. Chucksta, you can certainly earn SCs on QFLink. I got to WP in 6 months purely on QFLink. As for GOLD privileges the Ac from PER is a 717-200 with either 115 or 117 economy seats so I guess the only benefit you will get is preferred seating. Enjoy the trip:!: