Day trip to Uluru | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Day trip to Uluru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucksta

Is there any way to do a day trip to Ayers Rock (Uluru)?

I am trying to plan a trip from Perth, but the arrival and departure times are too close. I don't mind transiting another city on the way back.

Any ideas?

Also, do you earn SC on Qantas Link? Do you get GOLD priveleges?

thanks

Chucksta

Dave Noble

Chucksta said:
Is there any way to do a day trip to Ayers Rock (Uluru)?

I am trying to plan a trip from Perth, but the arrival and departure times are too close. I don't mind transiting another city on the way back.

Any ideas?

Also, do you earn SC on Qantas Link? Do you get GOLD priveleges?

thanks

Chucksta
I don't think that there is a sensible way of doing a day trip there and actually being able to see anything

Travel on Qantaslink for benefits et al is exactly the same as for normal mainline qantas

Dave

markis10

Veteran Member
Travelling back to Syd from LA a few years ago I sat next to a NY based travel agent who told me that she planned on doing a day trip to Uluru from Sydney in a hire car, needless to say I managed to talk her out of that possibility.

Kiwi Flyer

No. At some times of the year there are a couple of flights from SYD and you'd get a couple of hours there by taking the first one out and the second one back, but not really long enough to see much. Plan for an overnight stay.

justinbrett

It's possible - you could fly to Alice and charter a light aircraft.

Expensive - but possible.

coco50

Chucksta, you can certainly earn SCs on QFLink. I got to WP in 6 months purely on QFLink. As for GOLD privileges the Ac from PER is a 717-200 with either 115 or 117 economy seats so I guess the only benefit you will get is preferred seating. Enjoy the trip:!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevincantona999