David Jones credit card and previous closed amex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saurs82

Holding the David Jones Amex card can you still get the bonus 100k bonus points for the ultimate card?
Also how do I find out what date I closed a previous Amex card to make sure I’m past the 18mth wait? Is the only way to contact them if I can find old statements?

It works the opposite way, unfortunately. Holding any other Amex will still allow you to get the DJ sign on bonus, provided you haven't had a DJ card in the last 18 months. But in your circumstances, you'll miss out.

Tip for players who churn Amex every 18 months (like I do), is to sign on to the DJ card only after signing on to one of the other (and usually much more lucrative) Amex offers. Then cancel each the day you receive the bonus points as the 18 month moratorium begins after the most recent card (the DJ card in my example) is closed.

My friend had a DJ and I chatted with Amex rep to confirm whether my friend is eligible for the explorer bonus.

Rep replied a long “definitely yes” back looking like it came from one of their official templates then which I took a screenshot of... now let’s see if my friend gets her points!

Thankyou ive just had this confirmed with amex too, second question I want to use my wifes referral link from her card will the points still transfer to qantas account if she closes it before they've swept over

second question I want to use my wifes referral link from her card will the points still transfer to qantas account if she closes it before they've swept over

I doubt so. I've always received my pts one or two days after my referrals been approved so there isn't much lengthy wait.

Holding the David Jones Amex card can you still get the bonus 100k bonus points for the ultimate card?
Also how do I find out what date I closed a previous Amex card to make sure I’m past the 18mth wait? Is the only way to contact them if I can find old statements?
@Saurs82 can you confirm what did happen in your situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back