David Jones: AMEX to Latitude

Ambo

Intern
Hi All,

Has any one heard anything more about the new David Jones Card?

I'm considering cancelling it with AMEX before the transition date and I have received no updates as yet.

I haven't heard anything official since the initial announcement, which meant it should be this month. Unofficially, I've heard they're running late.

Whenever it happens, I'm sure they'll be in contact.

Still no news on this thing. It's already 2024.
Nothing new, 12 months after the initial announcement.

(Having said that, I am aware bits and pieces have been happening, but seems like a slow process..)

Received email today, official launch of new partnership 12 March 24. Will automatically receive new card June and will be able to use from July.

Do you think Amex will offer a new card to ex David Jones Amex card holders. They will be well aware of your use, and ability to pay on time over the years.

Received email today, official launch of new partnership 12 March 24. Will automatically receive new card June and will be able to use from July.

Do you think Amex will offer a new card to ex David Jones Amex card holders. They will be well aware of your use, and ability to pay on time over the years.
  1. Looks like the In-store services are pretty much staying the same.
  2. Three levels of cards - Icon, Prestige and Premier.
  3. Points earn varies by where you spend (DJs, petrol stations/supermarkets/everywhere else)
  4. Points can be redeemed for rewards such as, digital gift cards, Points for credit, to pay with points, and for a transfer of points (e.g. Airline frequent flyer programs).

1. Looks like the In-store services are pretty much staying the same.
  2. Three levels of cards - Icon, Prestige and Premier.
  3. Points earn varies by where you spend (DJs, petrol stations/supermarkets/everywhere else)
  4. Points can be redeemed for rewards such as, digital gift cards, Points for credit, to pay with points, and for a transfer of points (e.g. Airline frequent flyer programs).
I can't see Icon in the email?

Doesn’t look like complimentary shipping from David Jones applies to areas outside Metro areas.

Wonder what happens with accrued Amex DJ points?

Will we need to plan when to transfer the existing points over to Airline programs etc, or will they be automatically coverted to the new (Mastercard) points?

And whether the new DJ points will have equal transfer ability and value to Velocity, Asia Miles Krisflyer etc?

Amex DJ points are Amex Membership Reward points, so I assume you will have to redeem before the transfer/closure of your account like any other cards you hold with Amex when it comes to an end, unless you are upgrading/downgrading to the same family.

I doubt it will be transferred to the new points system with Latitude as the points value calculation is too difficult for the 2 companies to work out.

Has anyone contacted Amex re transferring points and card to Platinum Edge to retain the points earning at supermarket and fuel outlets. I will do this today as I am curious to see if they offer me any points or reduced fee. I will be surprised if Amex will just let this business go to latitude without some sort of counter deal.

I had Platinum Edge before acquiring DJ Amex and they couldn't even consolidate it to the same online account due to different MR program a decade ago, which is odd.

I am sure Amex would be happy to "transfer" you to Platinum Edge with some promos, but again, I doubt they can transfer the points over.

(Note: To you is a transfer, to Amex is cancel and apply a new card as they are different product family. Not sure if Amex requires you to fill in new application form or not and will it hit your credit file.)

https://www.davidjones.com/faq/david-jones-american-express-card
Why is David Jones no longer doing Qantas points?

Customer feedback we received when creating the best credit card program for our David Jones customers was that they preferred to have choice in how they use their points. Qantas now only offer a single loyalty program. We’re excited to be able to offer our customers choice and flexibility and you’ll be able to redeem your points online, for gift cards and Points for credit.

I rang AMEX and said that I would like to change it to an AMEX Velocity Platinum and they said no, I have to apply for a new card, which I did last December and never heard back.

So I will most likely be cancelling my AMEX David Jones.

Amex DJ points are Amex Membership Reward points, so I assume you will have to redeem before the transfer/closure of your account like any other cards you hold with Amex when it comes to an end, unless you are upgrading/downgrading to the same family.

I doubt it will be transferred to the new points system with Latitude as the points value calculation is too difficult for the 2 companies to work out.

What happens to my existing member reward points?

Your member reward points balance will be transferred across to your new David Jones credit card. There is no need to redeem your points before the transfer.

I contacted Amex today regarding my DJs card and was given all this to transfer to Platinum Edge:
First year free saving $195.
$200 Credit for travel etc.
Spend $3000 in first 3 months and receive 15000 reward points.
Outstanding annual fee on DJs card will be calculated and credited to my new PE card.
Current MR points on DJs card will be transferred to my new PE card.
Outstanding balance owing on DJs card will be transferred to new PE card.

For me this is a great deal as my wife has a primary card as well so we got the deal twice. I think David Jones and Latitude have made it so American Express can't say too much in their email to current cardholders unless they contact amex direct and ask to cancel the contact to Latitude.

I'm sure Latitude will also have some good sign up bonuses and other goodies both in store and online when the card becomes available.

Back